Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How can I automatically assign the custom duration to the photos?

How can I automatically assign the custom duration to the photos? 3 months, 1 week ago #236391

Greetings,
I am not sure, if I am adding this post to the correct category. If not, then I am sorry.

In one of my projects, it would be convenient for me to set the length of the each photo to be 2 seconds by default. Normally I am doing this manually - I have the folder with photos - then I will hit the import button - then I will take each of the photos and set it´s duration and then I move it to the playlist, but how could that duration of each photo be set to 2 seconds by default? Is there any way to somehow gently access the source code of Lightworks in order to achieve this? BTW: What software tools (programming languages, database systems etc.) is the Lightworks software built upon?

Thank You very much for help.
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by Zdar vrat mi muj projekt.

Re: How can I automatically assign the custom duration to the photos? 3 months, 1 week ago #236393

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Hello,

You can set the duration of stills prior to import.

In LOG or EDIT mode, click on 'Libaries' lower left hand side and open 'Local Files'. Right-click on the column headline, e.g. on 'Name', to open the panel 'Import Commands', under 'Behaviour' select the duration from the drop-down menu next to 'Stills duration (seconds)'. Import some stills an check the duration.

Please note: If some of your still have ascending trailing numbers, disable 'Detect image-sequences on the same panel, prior to import.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: How can I automatically assign the custom duration to the photos? 2 weeks, 4 days ago #241163

Hi, sorry for the late response.
Modification of stills duration is not working for me. I would really need this process to be functional, because setting manually the duration is hurting my eyes, because my screen is kind of small and I have to be carefull about the numbers when it comes to setting the exact length of each photo. The thing is, that I would need to do this process more efficiently, because I have many photos to deal with and doing it manually is kind of time-consuming.

Re: How can I automatically assign the custom duration to the photos? 2 weeks, 4 days ago #241165

Oh wow I have just figured it out. After all that time. I have just noticed, that the length of the photo really corresponds with the time, which I have set in the stills duration variable. I was confused, because I thought, that the overall time of the photo will remain the same and my desired area will be marked with that blue marks, but now I have noticed, that the overall length have changed, so that kind of solves my problem, because now I can easily select the whole length without having to look at the numbers for every single time. Hahah I am so glad, that I have finally solved this problem. Thank You very much for Your kind response.

Re: How can I automatically assign the custom duration to the photos? 2 weeks, 4 days ago #241166

I am wondering if there is any keyboard shortcut for selecting the full length of the photo. The key "I" adds the "in" mark at the current position and the key "O" adds the "out" mark at the current position. Is there also a key to move at the end of the timeline? (timeline of the photo itself) Then I would be able to quickly press "I" + "that key" + "O" + "V" (in order to put the image to the playlist) and the process of selecting the image would be even faster. But I am really glad, that main problem of this topic was solved. This is a bonus question and even if it remains unsolved, I will handle that. I have noticed, that the letter "L" is capable of transitioning the red marker to the end of the timeline, but it happens gradually, whereas it would be much more convenient if that would happen instantly.
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 4 days ago by Zdar vrat mi muj projekt. Reason: clarification

Re: How can I automatically assign the custom duration to the photos? 2 weeks, 4 days ago #241167

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
You can create macros. You can use the number pad to add (+) or (-) to take away frames, however, I don't know if it works as a macro. You'll fine more on macros on P246 to P248 in the V2020.1 User Guide found in downloads > documentation

Re: How can I automatically assign the custom duration to the photos? 2 weeks, 4 days ago #241168

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Hello again,

Still images are treated as "infinite" media in the timeline. Once inserted into the timeline they can be trimmed to any duration, one by one.

See the Quick Start Guide starting on page 28 for the trimming basics: cdn.lwks.com/docs/2021.2/Lightworks+2021.2+Quick+Start+Guide.pdf

Re: How can I automatically assign the custom duration to the photos? 2 weeks, 4 days ago #241169

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Personally, I always use trim on each still, otherwise it becomes very mechanical. Some stills you can hold longer than others because of their content or their context/relationship with the surrounding stills. Some you want to shorten.
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 4 days ago by briandrys.

Re: How can I automatically assign the custom duration to the photos? 2 weeks, 4 days ago #241170

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Same as I do, but think that a method to change the speed (read: duration, if applied to stills) of selected segments in the timeline proportionally, all at once, really would make sense.
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 4 days ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds
Scroll To Top