Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Find clips to fill sequence not working

Find clips to fill sequence not working 1 week ago #235398

• DNL
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week ago
I received an archived project by email from a colleague working remotely. She unchecked archive local material, linked material or proxies because I have all the material on an identical drive at my location.

I restored the project into my PC running PRO2021.1 and opened it. Everything seems to be as expected; there are sequences and bins with missing media.

I imported the media from my identical hard drive into the project via create link.

I selected a sequence with missing media and clicked find material to fill edit. I clicked from whole project, Primary T/C and Name. ( I also tried with just "from whole project.")

Although my LWKS app reports that the task was completed, the sequence is still blank, and the media offline orange message still appears.

What am I doing wrong?
LenovoThinkPad P70, Xeon E3, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro M3000M, SSD internal HD, Windows 10 Professional 64 bit.

Re: Find clips to fill sequence not working 1 week ago #235402

• schrauber
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week ago
Why are you re-importing the clips, with all the resulting problems?

I would have expected you to simply "relink" the offline clips (or "Repair").
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2021.1 & 2021.1.1 (& old 14.x , 2020.x) || Windows 10 Home 1909, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: Find clips to fill sequence not working 6 days, 13 hours ago #235461

• DNL
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 days, 13 hours ago
You are right. "relink" is the way to do this. That worked perfectly.

What are the different purposes of "find clips to fill edit" and "relink?"

I got spun off to "find" rather than going straight to "relink."
LenovoThinkPad P70, Xeon E3, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro M3000M, SSD internal HD, Windows 10 Professional 64 bit.

Re: Find clips to fill sequence not working 6 days, 11 hours ago #235478

• schrauber
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 days, 11 hours ago
Relink is the normal one.
After that, the original clip tiles in the project content will work again. Everything is preserved, like the cue, audio levels, user modified metadata, etc. added in the source elements.
All sequences, subclips, prints and syncs will work automatically after that.

Using "Find clips to fill" is actually a re-edit of only a single sequence. This does not repair the original source elements. Previously created subclips etc. remain unusable etc.

In your case, you probably now have duplicate clip tiles in the project due to the re-import.
If you haven't worked on it yet, it might be easiest to delete this project, restore it from the archive, and use relink.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2021.1 & 2021.1.1 (& old 14.x , 2020.x) || Windows 10 Home 1909, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: Find clips to fill sequence not working 6 days, 11 hours ago #235480

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 days, 11 hours ago
Relink/Repair applies to already imported media, which Lightworks cannot access, e.g because they have been moved on OS level. Relinking apllies to clips and affects all sequences. It checks only for file name, not any metadata or locations, thus relinking to the wrong files is possible, if there are duplicate file names in the search tree (this has been used as a "feature" by the workflow EyeFrame Converter was based on).

'Find clips to fill sequence' is supposed to replace clips in the current sequence with other already imported media, e.g. for toggling hires material with externally created (and imported) proxies. The criteria Timecode and ReelID must match for the function to work properly. However due to not existing detailed documentation and poor error messages, it's very difficult to use it effectively. It works under certain condition, but it's hard to find out which they are.

Edit: I missed schrauber's post while typing, sorry for any redundant information.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 6 days, 11 hours ago by hugly.

Re: Find clips to fill sequence not working 6 days, 9 hours ago #235485

• DNL
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 days, 9 hours ago
Thanks. I did delete the project, re-restored and then relinked as you suggested. Thanks. All good.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top