Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sharing Projects (project spaces) via cloud storage (OneDrive, Google Drive).

Sharing Projects (project spaces) via cloud storage (OneDrive, Google Drive). 1 week, 2 days ago #229226

• digitallysane
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Creative director
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
I did a little test, created a project space on a Google Drive, added some footage with "Copy local" (for the moment, to have a more straightforward setup) and then pointed LW to the same Space on my laptop.

As long as the Google Drive is setup on the same drive letter on both machines (so the paths are identical), everything works great, and if LW is open on both machines at the same time I can actually see the other machine "Occupying" a Room, also both machines appear in the padlock menu (just like on a local network).

Anything I should know in particular? (the docs are inexistent, I actually checked the functionality in the v11 manual).
I like Lightworks.

Re: Sharing Projects (project spaces) via cloud storage (OneDrive, Google Drive). 1 week, 1 day ago #229233

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Since Google and similar are managed spaces with dynamic file locking, I'm not sure that you will see stable operations when working simultaneosly.

Let us know.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Sharing Projects (project spaces) via cloud storage (OneDrive, Google Drive). 1 week, 1 day ago #229236

• digitallysane
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Creative director
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
hugly wrote:
Since Google and similar are managed spaces with dynamic file locking, I'm not sure that you will see stable operations when working simultaneosly.

Let us know.

Agree. I mentioned that part just because it was surprising for me as well, I don't intend to use this for working simultaneously (I can do that on the LAN).

But if this allows me to edit the same project on my laptop, it's a win.
I like Lightworks.
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top