Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Advice / experiences with interchange to Premier Pro

Re: Advice / experiences with interchange to Premier Pro 2 weeks, 1 day ago #226786

• kalimerox
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
yes unfortunately big differences.

I run resolve on a ubuntu flavor and it works extremely good with nvidia . but the codec issue is a problem
documents.blackmagicdesign.com/SupportNotes/DaVinci_Resolve_16_Supported_Codec_List.pdf

therefore I would like to export from lightworks in a manner it recognizes the audio codec. I thought exporting straight wav would work. but resolve doesnt find the files, maybe i m also doing something wrong, as i m not using resolve much nor i m used to the aaf export in lightworks. I ll keep trying. for me it would be fantastic having a linux only solution for editing and color grading...

Re: Advice / experiences with interchange to Premier Pro 2 weeks, 1 day ago #226788

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
The settings I've shown earlier for embedding WAV in Lightworks AAF work for me, on Windows. If they don't work for you on Linux, that's most likely an issue of Resolve on Linux and you might be better off posting a request in their forums.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Advice / experiences with interchange to Premier Pro 2 weeks, 1 day ago #226789

• kalimerox
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
yeah it seems that s the case. and i think there is no other way of not embedding but still transcoding to wav into a folder... so i will see and check in the bm forum...

Re: Advice / experiences with interchange to Premier Pro 2 weeks, 1 day ago #226791

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
If you could create and share a short AAF with embedded WAV with Lightworks on Linux which doesn't import in Resolve on Linux properly, I'd test for you if it's importable in Resolve on Windows here.

Re: Advice / experiences with interchange to Premier Pro 2 weeks ago #226802

• kalimerox
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
ahahaha i wanted to make a short sequence with non working sound, but now there it works!!

so it seems to me something with my timeline.. I will investigate further...

Re: Advice / experiences with interchange to Premier Pro 2 weeks ago #226804

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
If you light a lamp for someone else it will also brighten your path.
Buddha

Keep us updated.
Last Edit: 2 weeks ago by hugly.
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top