Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need Help With My Project

Need Help With My Project 4 months, 2 weeks ago #224594

• Jqsper
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello,
I'm unsure where my file is on the clip that I have finished it is stuck at 137gb, I have left my PC on for hours but it hasn't changed, I have checked where it is supposed to be but i cant find it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Need Help With My Project 4 months, 2 weeks ago #224598

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello,

Unfortunately, from your description and your video I don't understand what the problem is.

Your video shows that you have added a second media location to the internally managed media space of Lightworks, on the same drive. If your intention was to increase the available space of the Lightworks media space, that makes no sense. If your intention was something different, please explain.

Your timeline shows three white segments, which usually indicates deleted clips. Is that part of your problem?

What is stuck at 137GB and you waited for hours without seeing a change?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Need Help With My Project 4 months, 2 weeks ago #224611

• Jqsper
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Yes it was stuck at 137gb
What do i have to do with the deleted clips?

Re: Need Help With My Project 4 months, 2 weeks ago #224612

• Jqsper
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
*Sorry thats just a black screen with effects on it not deleted clips

Re: Need Help With My Project 4 months, 2 weeks ago #224613

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Still not clear.

What was stuck at 137 GB?
Last Edit: 4 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Need Help With My Project 4 months, 2 weeks ago #224614

• Jqsper
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
It downloading to media file

Re: Need Help With My Project 4 months, 2 weeks ago #224616

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
We have a serious communication problem.

There is no procedure for "downloading it to media file".

Please Press F2 to open the panel "Export". Do you mean export? Export is rendering and encoding your sequence to create a video file to watch and share?

Re: Need Help With My Project 4 months, 2 weeks ago #224656

• Jqsper
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
omg tysm sorry i thought the media was downloading oit to my files sorry to waste ur time.

Re: Need Help With My Project 4 months, 2 weeks ago #224657

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
No problem, no time wasted.

FYI: Ligthworks has three import methods, switchable next to the 'Import' button of 'Local Files'. With default settings, an import method called 'Create Link' is used. For each imported clip, Lightworks creates a link file of 1KB size in its internal media space which contains information about the location.

Please note: With linked media, make sure that all storage devices containing imported media are connected and up and running when using Lightworks. Otherwise, linked media cannot be found and you'll see 'Media Offline' on the viewers and tiles.

Re: Need Help With My Project 4 months, 2 weeks ago #224665

• schrauber
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
@ Jqsper: In your video I see that you have added an additional "Media > Locations" "Montage". By default Lightworks saves the link files etc. mentioned by user "hugly" in this new location you created instead of the default location (when you import something new).
If this is not intentional, and the folder is still empty, you can now remove this additional location (not the original one) to avoid future confusion with different locations.

Normally you can leave the "Media" > "Locations" settings at the default. The files that are in there are needed for the operation of Lightworks, and are automatically managed by Lightworks.
However, if you want to make changes to these "Media" > "Locations" and settings, it is necessary to have a detailed knowledge of how they work to avoid damage to projects:
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1.1 & Beta 2021.x; || Windows 10 Home 1909, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds
Scroll To Top