Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Locating archived projects

Locating archived projects 2 weeks, 2 days ago #221039

• Kimsar
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Hi there, I have a very basic newbie problem.

I have Lwks pro 14.5, on Windows 10. I want to open a project I haven't worked on for a while. It doesn't appear on the home page. I'm guessing I need to "restore an archived project". I've located in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks a folder called "Projects", where different folders appear in Explorer. Yet, when I click "restore an archived project" in Lwks, and go to that location, the "Projects" folder does not appear.

Am I missing something very basic? I've been going through the forum but can't find this particular problem, maybe I've overlooked it, if yes sorry.

Re: Locating archived projects 2 weeks, 2 days ago #221040

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Hello,

To be able to restore an archived project, you need a project archive.

Creating a Lightworks archive (or a project backup) isn't an automatic process, it's executed by the user. The location of those archives can be specified when creating. Since all archives are folders with the extension ".Archive" their location is not so hard to reveal on the local file system with suitable software which perform file search on the local file system.

The essential question is, have you created any Lighworks archive or project backup in the past?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 2 days ago by hugly.

Re: Locating archived projects 2 weeks, 1 day ago #221075

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
--- further to user hugly's comments - one generally also needs to have explicitly deleted a project in LW or have made other non-LW computer based changes in files used by LW for a project to disappear from the LW project browser list.

In such an event without having commanded LW to make a project backup there will be neither project nor backup.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Locating archived projects 2 weeks, 1 day ago #221117

• Kimsar
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Oh, I see... Well in that case I got owned, I hadn't created any archive. Thank you so much for answering quickly and clearly!

Re: Locating archived projects 2 weeks, 1 day ago #221119

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
For your future work, you can create project backups quite easily. Click on 'Project' upper left hand side and select 'Detail.Make backup..'

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

To backup a certain state of your project there's no need to include media. This has the benefit that the resulting folders are very small, so you can do it on a regular basis:

For archiving purposes (prior to deleting a project), or for disaster recovery (e.g, hard drive failures, damaged/deleted media files), or for moving projects between computers, you can include local and linked media:

Please note: Including proxy media is optional, because you can rebuild proxies based on originals media.

To restore an archived project, use 'Restore an archived project..' from the project browser:

It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top