Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Project wont appear in file location

Project wont appear in file location 1 week, 4 days ago #218626

• ranchsouce
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
Im having a problem with the file location thing.
You see, I went to the file location that appears when I hover over my project and I didn't find it. There is some stuff there, but no .mp4 file or anything like that (also none of the files have the project name). Im not very technologically savvy, and the absurd decision to ditch the tried and tested "files" bar is really screwing with my flow. As far as I know, there is no way to manually save or to instantly visit. What should i do? is there an easier way?

Re: Project wont appear in file location 1 week, 4 days ago #218629

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
Welcome to the forum.

Lightworks auto saves, however, your project won't exist as a video file until it's exported. Like all other NLEs Lightworks creates a log of all the edits and other elements that you put into your sequence. As you edit, it carries out these instructions on the fly using the source media that you've got or the transcoded media you've created, so that you can see your sequence during the edit.

When you export, you can select the destination of this video file on your hard drive.

All the project files (note each project can have a number of sequences in it, so don't confuse the terms) with these "sequence logs" are stored together in a directory on your C drive.
Last Edit: 1 week, 4 days ago by briandrys.

Re: Project wont appear in file location 1 week, 2 days ago #218761

• ranchsouce
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
I don't know how to export it though.
Anyways, here's a video of the file im sent to when I click on the project's information.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Project wont appear in file location 1 week, 2 days ago #218762

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Forget the link to the project paths.

If you want to create an MP4 file of your sequence, position the mouse on the right preview viewer of your sequence, right click, and follow the menu:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

The positioning of the mouse is important because Lightworks exports the element on which the mouse is positioned during the right kick.

If you want to back up your project manually in addition to the automatic backups, you can create a project backup:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

This allows you to restore a lost, damaged or deleted project, even to another computer on which Lightworks is installed. Do not confuse it with the export shown above.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by schrauber.

Re: Project wont appear in file location 1 week, 2 days ago #218764

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Hello,

The project folder is an internally managed data space per project. It has nothing to do with preview of your sequence or export. In fact, you don't need to know anything about it's content and structure for normal editing.

The function key F2 opens the export panel for the current sequence. Select 'H.264/MP4' to export to the local file system.

Playback in the timeline is supposed to instantly view your work. Check the keys, <Space>, J, K, L, <left-arrow>, <right-arrow>, which are the basic transport controls. Use the F12-key to toggle fullscreen preview.

If you have performance problems when editing or playing in preview, consider using the internal proxy workflow.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=217&id=194770&Itemid=81#194787

If you haven't watch the video below, it's worth it, even multiple times:

It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by hugly.

Re: Project wont appear in file location 1 week ago #218925

• ranchsouce
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week ago
Thank you all!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top