Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Archiving/transfer woes

Archiving/transfer woes 3 months, 1 week ago #214994

• Cernan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Hi there,

I'm new to editting and lightworks but have been feeling my way through it for the last couple of months.

I have a project with a bunch of clips half way through working on using a PC. I am trying to move the project to a mac to continue edditing but am running into problems archiving.

I have i think successfully archived the project on the PC including all options for linked, proxy media etc etc. I didnt have the option of archiving "whole project" as i have read elsewhere. Im using the free version.

But upon restoring the archive i have a lot of clips as offline media.

I do not appear to have the option to re link them.

Lightworks does not allow me to use an external hard drive as the source of the media as it claims i don't have the permissions to access the drive.

Lightworks won't recognise the media in a new folder on the macs desktop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated before i chuck both computers out of the window!

Thanks very much!

Re: Archiving/transfer woes 3 months, 1 week ago #215157

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Cernan wrote:
.. I didnt have the option of archiving "whole project" as i have read elsewhere..

"whole project" was an export option in old versions of Lightworks. Starting with Lightworks 14, this functionality has been moved to the project settings and is now called "Make Backup ..", which creates a project backup. I suppose you used that? Only parts of a project can now be exported to the normal export menu.

Cernan wrote:
Lightworks does not allow me to use an external hard drive as the source of the media as it claims i don't have the permissions to access the drive ..
Apart from the problem with the access rights ... What exactly do you want to achieve with it?
When using archives containing linked media, Lightworks will attempt to copy them from the archive to the Lightworks managed media location.
This may not work with your workflow, drive space, or access rights?
But if you want to link directly to original media on an external drive anyway, maybe an archive without linked media would be better?

EDIT: Or have you moved the media location managed by Lightworks from the system drive to an external location?
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by schrauber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top