Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Archiving older projects

Archiving older projects 3 weeks ago #214175

• WayneCa
  • Fresh Boarder
  • New YouTuber
  • 3 weeks ago
I have been reading the other threads concerning archiving and haven't gotten an answer that tells me what I need to know. I am currently editing many smaller videos to put on my YouTube channel. The projects list in LightWorks is getting bigger. I would like to save some older projects in as archive format (such as using 7-zip) and remove them from the projects list. I won't be doing any further editing of them, but I want to be able to keep an intact project just in case I find a need to do anything with them in the future. Does LightWorks support this, and if so, how do I use it? If LightWorks currently doesn't support this, how should I go about archiving the files to ensure that everything I need to recover a project is included in the archive file?

Re: Archiving older projects 2 weeks, 6 days ago #214189

• Jpaulbiss
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 6 days ago
There is probably a better way to do it, hope some one will explain it.
Open the project you want backed up assuming you have more than one project. At the top left there is a name of the project, click on that, click on Details there is a drop down with project name, creation date, location, at the bottom "Make Backup". Click on that and choose where you want it save, plus there is a list of include options. I would assume that if you ever want to revive this project you would want to include everything such as local and linked media. I have never used a proxy so not sure on that one, to error on the safe side if you have used proxies include it. It is better to have it and not need it than the other way around.
Lenovo D30 Workstation,2x Xeon E5-2670, 128GB ram, Nvidia K4000, 2xDell U2312HM, Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Lightworks Keyboard, Shuttle Pro 2 which works sometimes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top