Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't find projects after managing project spaces

Can't find projects after managing project spaces 1 week, 2 days ago #207579

• jtomazinis
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
V14 Pro. While trying to solve a storage issue on the cdrive I tried to use the manage project space to move some projects to another drive. When I created a new project folder on the other drive and clicked "ok" my projects disappeared and now I can't seem to get them to show in my local projects. Hoping to be able to find them and get access to them again.

-J

Re: Can't find projects after managing project spaces 1 week, 2 days ago #207590

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Hello,

In general, Lightworks separates project metadata and media strictly. The size of project metadata is comparably small. If drive space is the problem, it makes sense to move or add Media Locations, not Project Spaces.

The feature Manage Project Spaces does not allow moving projects, how did you move them?
What is the full path of the new location on your system?
Have you added a Shared Project Space or did you move the Private Space (aka Local)?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Can't find projects after managing project spaces 1 week, 2 days ago #207598

• jtomazinis
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
I'm fairly new to the program so I'm still trying to figure out the best way to store and access media for editing. I was toying with the the manage project space option. I had 4 projects in the original project space when I believe I created a new project space on my edrive which is when the projects disappeared. Not sure if this was a private or shared space. I then frantically tried to undo whatever I had done but I didn't know how to do that. Are my projects in the old project space somewhere?

This is the path at the moment: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Media\G0001000\

I've gone through a few paths trying to get to the old space. Not sure if it still exists. -J

Re: Can't find projects after managing project spaces 1 week, 2 days ago #207599

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
The default location of the local project space is on
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Projects\

Right-click on the tab 'Local projects' and select 'Project Spaces.Mange'. On the tab 'Private', click on the path right of 'Location'. From 'Places' navigate to the default location and click Ok. This should bring your projects back to the local project space. ***

*** Edit: More precisely: This should set the path of the local project space back to the default location where your existing projects should reside.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by hugly.

Re: Can't find projects after managing project spaces 1 week, 2 days ago #207600

• jtomazinis
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Thank you so much. I actually figured it out and did as you described. I just had to step away from the computer for a bit and look at it again. -J
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds
Scroll To Top