Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: changing file location

changing file location 6 days, 19 hours ago #199209

• JapsR
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 days, 19 hours ago
Hi, I have a question regarding the output location of my files in lwks. When I started out using it, the folder for all my files (all the clips and music I use in my videos) was my main (small) SSD, but since I have been using lwks for quite a while now, it's beginning to get a bit stuffed. In the past I just moved my video clips and other files I was using for a video to a different location. But after doing so, I came to the conclusion I couldn't edit those files in lwks anymore, because the location had been changed.

So my question is: How can I change the folder of the files I use in my videos to a different location, while still be able to edit my videos in lwks?

Re: changing file location 6 days, 18 hours ago #199215

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 days, 18 hours ago
Hello,

I assume that you run Lightworks V14.5 and your media have been imported via 'Create Link' which is the default import method.

To move linked media to another location, shut down Lightworks, on OS level move the media to the new location. Start Lightworks and enter your project, all clips referring to moved media will show 'Media Offline'. In 'Filters.Clips' select the clips, right-click and select 'Media.Relink missing'. Navigate to the new location and click OK. This has to be done for each new location (which is a folder and all its subfolders).

Tell how that works for you.

If you've used some other import method, the workflow is different.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 6 days, 18 hours ago by hugly.

Re: changing file location 6 days, 16 hours ago #199238

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 6 days, 16 hours ago
JapsR wrote:
So my question is: How can I change the folder of the files I use in my videos to a different location, while still be able to edit my videos in lwks?

In you project
Make a new LW media location
Make a bin of the files needing to be moved - that could be as much as all media in the project.
From the bin menu do this - Select the new media location for your files
LW will update its database to keep track of where your files have been relocated.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top