Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Saving

Saving 2 months, 2 weeks ago #195857

• edenos
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
I have read several different forums, and I know that lightworks automatically saves all of your work, so you don't have to....but the problem that I am facing is that I am a teacher and I want my students to work with Lightworks. My computers completely erase everything that the students do the second that they log off...UNLESS it is saved to their individual student drives.

Also, I don't want my students to mess around with the videos that others are creating...I I need to have them save to an outside location. So far, I haven't seen a way to do this.

Moderated - I've moved this out of bugs, since it appears to be about managing media in a particular network. Briandrys
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by briandrys.

Re: Saving 2 months, 2 weeks ago #195859

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
If you use the educational or pro license for Lightworks, you can create a project directory in any location that you choose. If you use the free version, then the Lightworks project directory can only be in your home folder.

If your students are using computers in a lab type of setting, is there a shared network drive? If so, you should ask your IT department if it's possible to set up individual private folders for each student on the network drive that only they or an administrator can access.

If that's not possible, then each student may need to use an external drive to save their work to (assuming their allowed to plug external drives into the lab computers).
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!

Re: Saving 2 months, 2 weeks ago #195861

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
edenos wrote:
... My computers completely erase everything that the students do the second that they log off ...

Really everything? (including what was stored outside the user folder?).
On Windows systems, Lightworks saves projects and settings by default in the public folder C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\
The location of the media depends on the import method and the settings.

Lightworks can also create manual project backups on a selectable drive and path. There are some details to consider. If a student does not know exactly what he is doing then it is risky to rely on manual backups only when everything else is deleted.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by schrauber.

Re: Saving 2 months, 2 weeks ago #195870

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
A logic which erases everything on log off doesn't care much about users who don't know exactly what they're doing, they will learn, sooner or later, I guess.

By the way, what operating system is all that going to be established on?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Scroll To Top