Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks turned all of my video files into .lvix files. How do I get my files back?

Lightworks turned all of my video files into .lvix files. How do I get my files back? 1 month, 1 week ago #194477

• dogeyness
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
So... I've been looking for a new video editor recently and found this. I opened it once, and looked through tutorials and have got the hang of it. However, I just now realized that all of my video files now have ".lvix" at the end and are unable to open. How do I get my files back? I saw another post saying this and the only reply said that nothing happened. I cannot find a way to get my files back, so I believe that post was just a complete lie.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Lightworks turned all of my video files into .lvix files. How do I get my files back? 1 month, 1 week ago #194478

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Hello,

Lightworks never ever changes sources. It has added the .lvix files, created with some compressed formats, containing index metadata for faster access.

Sort the file list in Explorer by Name and you will see it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Lightworks turned all of my video files into .lvix files. How do I get my files back? 1 month, 1 week ago #194481

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Other NLEs create metadata files for each video file, the .lvix files don't change the original video file, these are additional new files that enable the NLE to operate correctly without affecting the media files.

The .lvix files are extremely small, only a few hundred bytes, so they can't contain any video.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds
Scroll To Top