Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Images only last one second

Images only last one second 2 months, 2 weeks ago #194299

• songman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
I could insert images over videos normally until two days ago. Now, if I insert an image to cover a given amount of video duration, say 15 seconds, it only covers the first second. I have to repeat the process for every additional second. Real pain. Re installation doesn't help. A

Any solution?

Re: Images only last one second 2 months, 2 weeks ago #194301

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello,

Probably yes, but I don't understand which workflow 'insert images over video' describes, something like this, maybe?

It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Images only last one second 2 months, 2 weeks ago #194309

• songman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
You have a video on the timeline. You mark an "in" point at say 10 seconds in and an "out" point at 20 seconds. So image duration 10 seconds. Then you click the "insert" arrow, and the image pops in.

The image displayed in the video in your post shows it exactly.

Re: Images only last one second 2 months, 2 weeks ago #194321

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Hm, where do you mark this section, on the source viewer as shown in the video, or on the timeline?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Images only last one second 2 months, 2 weeks ago #194330

• songman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Timeline, don't know any other way.

I seem to have solved it by uninstalling, cleaning everything out with Iobit Uninstaller, then reinstalling the 64 bit version (used 32 bit before, no idea what either means).

So it now works as before. But it's a bit alarming that, literally changing NOTHING, it all went pear shaped. I don't know how to do it with the source viewer, but it might be a solution when it invariably goes cockeyed again.

Re: Images only last one second 2 months, 2 weeks ago #194331

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
If you use Mark & Park in the sequence timeline (the target), make sure that the playhead is positioned to the far left in the source. Otherwise, shorten the available source runtime. If you use Mark & Park in the source, you will immediately see the available run time. What makes more sense depends on whether you already know the required number of frames of your image segment, or whether you want to adjust it to cuts already present in the timeline etc.

In the import settings, you can choose how long you want your image to be imported as a clip in the source tile.

If you need a longer runtime than the Imported runtime, or you want to change the segment length in the target timeline for other reasons, you can do this for example with the segment command "Trim Out..." and others (in the target timeline).
Maybe there are more efficient options? I rarely use images.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by schrauber.

Re: Images only last one second 2 months, 1 week ago #194339

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
schrauber wrote:
If you use Mark & Park in the sequence timeline (the target),...
This could make sense if a "Replace" button is pressed afterwards.

songman wrote:
Then you click the "insert" arrow, and the image pops in..
In this case, as far as I know, "Mark" in the target timeline is ignored, and the segment runtime is determined by the selected section in the source. If there is no "Mark" in the source, the entire section to the right of the source's red playhead will be inserted into the target timeline.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Scroll To Top