Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to archive/remove projects from the "Local Projects" screen.

How to archive/remove projects from the "Local Projects" screen. 7 months, 2 weeks ago #170932

• Jarod997
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 months, 2 weeks ago
My Local Projects screen is getting a little cluttered, and I'd love the ability to send the thumbnails and titles I don't need to see to some Archive/"Not Recent" place. Is there an "easy" way of doing this?

I see you can backup projects, but that doesn't remove it from the Local Projects tab. (You have to then "Delete" the project.) I suppose this two-step process effectively does what I want, it's just a bit time consuming.

At the top there's a "Local Projects" tab, it would be neat if there was the ability to make more tabs for groups of projects, or at the very least an "Archive" tab. Then you could right click a project and under Project Options select "Archive", or "Move to...".

Re: How to archive/remove projects from the "Local Projects" screen. 7 months, 2 weeks ago #170934

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi,

First the easy one, the Pro version allows to create more project spaces organized in tabs, the Free version doesn't include this feature, unfortunately. When using the free version, I use junctions (┬┤hard links) on OS level to switch between project spaces with Lightworks shut down, if that helps.

Basically, a project backup inlcuding all meda and deleting the project afterwards will clear Lightworks project space and media space from the project metadata and internal media, basically.

The project backup will not include any images which are used by Image or Image key effects. You will have to add those to the backup manually and restore them at the same location they have been before to be able to access after backup is restored. V14.0 doesn't include proxies in the backup, you will have to recreate them.

Depending on your import method and your personal media management and backup startegy, it might not be always desirable to include linked media, because that creates duplicates and large archives.

All in all, I'd suggest installing V14.1, because some known issues with backups have been fixed and making some tests with backup and restore, just to get familiar with the process.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 7 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: How to archive/remove projects from the "Local Projects" screen. 7 months, 2 weeks ago #170960

• Jarod997
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 months, 2 weeks ago
Perfect, thanks Hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds
Scroll To Top