Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Change File Names

Change File Names 5 months ago #166237

• chipmunkr
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months ago
I've begun using a new database (Access) to track video files locally & locations on the web seamlessly, and I want to manually change the file names on my local drive to match the video ID numbers from my new database.

However, some of these files are already in use in LWKS, so when I change the file name, the media goes offline in LWKS. Where can I manually change the referenced file name for each clip? There are no format/fps/timecode/etc changes. Just the file name on my hard drive.

There has to be a text string I can change somewhere for each one...I don't mind doing it manually; there are only like 15 source files that I need to make this change for right now.

Re: Change File Names 5 months ago #166239

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months ago
Hello and welcome!

To avoid surgery in metadata, which could damage the project seriously, I use hard links on OS level to do something like this quickly.

The method officially supported by Lightworks is called "Find clips to fill sequence". Import the renamed clips, change Reel-ID (not name) of the renamed clips manually to the former file names (exactly, but without extension) and apply "Find clips to fill sequence" from timeline menu, make sure that label "Primary TC" is selected only.

After all clips are replaced you can delete the originals clip (which don't exist anymore and show offline).
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 5 months ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top