Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Importing video with multiple audio tracks duplicates the first pair.

Re: Importing video with multiple audio tracks duplicates the first pair. 1 year, 11 months ago #122231

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 11 months ago
Okay, I confirmed re-wrapping the mp4 avc and aac audio into a mov container still shows the duplication of the first stereo pair. But re-wrapping the video and transcoding the audio to pcm allow correct importation of audio channels.
ffmpeg wouldn't let me copy avc video and transcode to pcm audio in mp4 format to try that.
Work Comp: Retired!
Home Comp: Newer! Bigger! Faster!
Send me a tip: paypal.me/4khaver

Re: Importing video with multiple audio tracks duplicates the first pair. 1 year, 11 months ago #122232

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 11 months ago
mp4 doesn't support pcm.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Importing video with multiple audio tracks duplicates the first pair. 1 year, 11 months ago #122234

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 11 months ago
I was hoping ffmpeg would force the transcode but I guess it tries to stay compliant. Do you know of any parameters that will allow it to force non-compliance?
Work Comp: Retired!
Home Comp: Newer! Bigger! Faster!
Send me a tip: paypal.me/4khaver

Re: Importing video with multiple audio tracks duplicates the first pair. 1 year, 11 months ago #122235

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 11 months ago
I'm not aware of a method to do that, it might exist but I would guess that Lightworks demuxer wouldn't like to see it.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by hugly.

Re: Importing video with multiple audio tracks duplicates the first pair. 1 year, 11 months ago #122236

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 11 months ago
Yeah, as easy as this, rename the mov to mp4 and Lightworks will eat it.

EDIT:

Lightworks doesn't care much about file extension in general, sometimes helpful, sometimes not.

Re: Importing video with multiple audio tracks duplicates the first pair. 1 year, 11 months ago #123767

• Sebmim
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 year, 11 months ago
I ran into a second problem with the handling of audio channels possibly connected with the issue before. If a (mp4) video is imported the A1 and A2 are not generated as audio pairs so that they both are balanced in the middle of R/L instead of R and L channel. So possibly this is a reason why I got some echo in my videos because I got a double audio output that was mixed again instead of exporting both tracks for left and right separately.

I would expect, that the left and right channel for a stereo L/R would be mapped on import again to a left and right channel. So that I got the same result on export after an import without changes of audio.

Re: Importing video with multiple audio tracks duplicates the first pair. 1 year, 11 months ago #123769

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 11 months ago
You should check pan slider adjustments of the audio mixer panel (F3). The pan sliders are centered by default which means A1,A2 and A3,A4 and so on are mixed to center. If you need channels separated bring the pan sliders to the full out position for each channel.

EDIT: Which looks like this.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Note: To bring audio monitor level to 0dB (export level) set Channel Switches 1..4 as shown.

Re: Importing video with multiple audio tracks duplicates the first pair. 1 year, 11 months ago #123773

• Sebmim
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 year, 11 months ago
I will test this mixer configuration on my next videos with echoes. Thanks.

Re: Importing video with multiple audio tracks duplicates the first pair. 1 year, 10 months ago #125015

• timzett
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 10 months ago
khaver wrote:
I was hoping ffmpeg would force the transcode but I guess it tries to stay compliant. Do you know of any parameters that will allow it to force non-compliance?

There are the x264opts and x264-params private options, but they are poorly documented unfortunately:
www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html#libx264_002c-libx264rgb
Lwks x64 14.5 revision 108471 (pro license), on Windows 10
HARDWARE PC1:
.Intel Core i7-4710HQ Quad-core 2,50 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
.GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M with 4 GB RAM
.Sound: Onboard (Realtek)
.Disks: 250 GB SSD internal (OS/programs), 1 TB internal SATA for editing material
HARDWARE PC2:
.Intel Core2Quad, 8 GB RAM, 800 MHz FSB
.GPU: NVIDIA Quadro 600 with 1 GB DDR3 RAM
.Sound: Focusrite Saffire Pro (FW)
.Disks: 1x 250 GB SSD internal (OS/programs), 1x eSATA II (external) 1 TB for editing material (video and audio)
CAMs: Sony PXW-X70, NEX-5n
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by timzett.

Re: Importing video with multiple audio tracks duplicates the first pair. 1 year, 10 months ago #125018

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 10 months ago
khaver wrote:
ffmpeg wouldn't let me copy avc video and transcode to pcm audio in mp4 format to try that.

timzett wrote:
khaver wrote:

There are the x264opts and x264-params private options, but they are poorly documented unfortunately:
www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html#libx264_002c-libx264rgb

timzett,

did you find a method to bring AVC with multichannel PCM audio into a MP4 container with FFmpeg?

Re: Importing video with multiple audio tracks duplicates the first pair. 1 year, 10 months ago #125024

• timzett
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 10 months ago
hugly wrote:
timzett,

did you find a method to bring AVC with multichannel PCM audio into a MP4 container with FFmpeg?

Unfortunately not. As I wrote in the other thread (...driving me nuts) I worked around that by wrapping MPEG2 4:2:2 in a MXF container.
Lwks x64 14.5 revision 108471 (pro license), on Windows 10
HARDWARE PC1:
.Intel Core i7-4710HQ Quad-core 2,50 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
.GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M with 4 GB RAM
.Sound: Onboard (Realtek)
.Disks: 250 GB SSD internal (OS/programs), 1 TB internal SATA for editing material
HARDWARE PC2:
.Intel Core2Quad, 8 GB RAM, 800 MHz FSB
.GPU: NVIDIA Quadro 600 with 1 GB DDR3 RAM
.Sound: Focusrite Saffire Pro (FW)
.Disks: 1x 250 GB SSD internal (OS/programs), 1x eSATA II (external) 1 TB for editing material (video and audio)
CAMs: Sony PXW-X70, NEX-5n

Re: Importing video with multiple audio tracks duplicates the first pair. 11 months, 1 week ago #156841

• Barus
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 11 months, 1 week ago
I run into the exact same issue today.
Shadowplay is able to record system sounds and microphone in two audio stereo tracks (both assigned to front LR), but LW imports only the first pair and copies it to the second pair.

LW14:

VLC:

resolve:

mediainfo:
Last Edit: 11 months, 1 week ago by Barus.

Re: Importing video with multiple audio tracks duplicates the first pair. 11 months, 1 week ago #156860

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 11 months, 1 week ago
Who knows whether this issue will be fixed in V14.1?

Is anybody here active on OBS and/or Shadowplay forums?

A feature request there about recording into MOV and MTS container with PCM audio would be truly beneficial (and should increase recording and editing performance as well).
Last Edit: 11 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Importing video with multiple audio tracks duplicates the first pair. 8 months, 2 weeks ago #163341

• Barus
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago
It's not fixed.

Re: Importing video with multiple audio tracks duplicates the first pair. 8 months, 2 weeks ago #163343

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago
There's hope!

Cookiecutter wrote:
14.1 is pretty much set. We only aim to fix regressions now that are not in the current release (14.0)

From here in beta forums.
Last Edit: 8 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds
Scroll To Top