Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Audio sync problems with smartphone, web-cam and screen capture footage

Audio sync problems with smartphone, web-cam and screen capture footage 6 years, 4 months ago #66802

• shaunthesheep
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 years, 4 months ago
An increasing number of posts are appearing in the forum about audio sync problems in video files created by smart phones, web-cams and screen capture software. A common reason for this is that they often use variable frame rates and not constant frame rates that professional video editors expect.

To find out if your video files have variable frame rates, please use a free tool called MediaInfo to analyse your files and copy and paste the report into your forum post. Instructions here.

Eyeframe Converter and QuickTime Pro are reported to be able to convert from variable to constant frame rates.

The iPhone/iPad app Filmic Pro apparently allows filming at constant frame rate. It is certainly the best of the camera apps for these devices.

UPDATE - Version 14,5 supports variable frame rates found on phones and games capture, plus many other new features

If taking this route, ensure that “Apply VFR correction” is selected in the project menu (top left corner) under video, you can link to or transcode during import. If you have a lower powered computer using the Lightworks’ internal proxy editing should reduce the load on your machine. Details on P144 in the V14.5 User Guide found in downloads > documentation Briandrys
Desktop
Dell Inspiron 560MT. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 Processor, 6 GB Dual Channel DDR3, Windows 7 64 bit SP1/Ubuntu Studio 14.04.2 duel boot. On-board graphics chip. Samsung SyncMaster S23B35OH LED monitor. EchoAudio Mia 24/96 soundcard.

Laptop
Dell Precision M6700, i7 3740QM CPU @2.70Ghz, NVidia Quadro K3000M, 8GB ram. Windows 7 64 bit SP1.

I am not employed by EditShare. I am a Lightworks user.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by briandrys.
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Scroll To Top