Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Audio delay in imported version of MTS BDAV file

Audio delay in imported version of MTS BDAV file 1 month, 1 week ago #225346

• BrynClarke
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
I need to extract a sequence from a video and upload to YoiTube - I tried to use LightWorks to do so but encountered problems as follow-:

1. I created a new (latest version of) Lightworks Project under Windows 10 using the default values.
  2. I imported a video file from a conducting masterclass into Lightworks (file parameters below) but encountered significant sync issue - audio delay .
  3. The file plays OK using Windows Media Player or Films & TV.
  4. An exported sequence from the video exhibits the same audio delay in WMP or Films & TV
  5. I downloaded the SyncCheck files from the topic head and played these on my system with WMP and Films & TV. They are nearly OK on my system - video and sound align at -1 or -2 frames (WMP better than Films & TV).
  6. When I import the 25fps SyncCheck file it has similar audio delay to my conducting video - aligns at +12 (or is it -12? video first then audio). The 30fps SyncCheck file won't import - frame rate problem.
  7. My conducting file has 50fps but imports OK.
  8. I tried using AnySoft to convert to iPhone mp4 then importing it - it imported showing 25fps, but this had similar audio delay.

My file details are here (but the SyncCheck file seems to have the same problem):-
General
ID : 0 (0x0)
Complete name : C:\Users\brync\Downloads\Concert-Front Antonina Bryn Benjamin.MTS
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
File size : 3.99 GiB
Duration : 22 min 56 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 24.9 Mb/s
Maximum Overall bit rate : 28.0 Mb/s
Recorded date : 2020-08-07 18:16:08+01:00
Writing application : Panasonic

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.2
Format settings : CABAC / 2 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 2 frames
Codec ID : 27
Duration : 22 min 55 s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 23.6 Mb/s
Maximum bit rate : 25.0 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 50.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.228
Stream size : 3.79 GiB (95%)

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Commercial name : Dolby Digital
Codec ID : 129
Duration : 22 min 56 s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 256 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : -340 ms
Stream size : 42.0 MiB (1%)
Service kind : Complete Main

Text
ID : 4608 (0x1200)
Format : PGS
Codec ID : 144
Duration : 22 min 55 s
Delay relative to video : 40 ms
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by BrynClarke. Reason: Formatting

Re: Audio delay in imported version of MTS BDAV file 1 month, 1 week ago #225348

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Hello,

I believe you're encountering more than one issue.

Lightworks allows mixing of 30 and 50 fps only in 24 fps projects. However, if you intend making a multicam edit, both cameras synced the one audio stream, mixing PAL and NTSC frame rates won't work - you have to convert to a matching frame rate prior to import.

Sometimes, Lightworks has trouble when decoding MPEG production streams, e.g. BDAV, with audio stream delay, which is what your Mediainfo shows. That should be fixable by using a suitable converter to convert to a suitable format.

Could you post a Mediainfo report of your phone recording please?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Audio delay in imported version of MTS BDAV file 1 month, 1 week ago #225350

• BrynClarke
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Hi - the video file is a single video camera (not phone) stream and I have no need to do any mixing just extract a sequence. I tried a conversion to a different format (which happened to be 25fps) just to see if that impacted the problem - I don't need to mix any frame rates. The info at the end of my post is actually the MediaInfo report you just requested! If you could advise what conversion I should do and what import parameters, that would be very useful. However, I have the same problem with the SyncCheck file.

Re: Audio delay in imported version of MTS BDAV file 1 month, 1 week ago #225351

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Hello,

Try: Download and install Shutter Encoder: www.shutterencoder.com/en/
Drop your file into the grey window up left, from the pull-down menu under'Choose function' select 'Boradcast codecs.XDCAM HD 422' and click 'Start function'. Import the converted file in a newly created 25 fps project and see what happens.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Audio delay in imported version of MTS BDAV file 1 month, 1 week ago #225354

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
The last time I used 1080p50 XDCAM HD 422 created with ffmpeg was with Lightworks V14.5 and it worked nicely. I just tested it with 2020.1 and surpriisingly it crashes the application almost instantly.

Bryn Clark, if you have tried it already you know what I'm talking about, if the conversion is still running, cancel it, it won't work.

Would you mind posting your computer details? And, give me some time to think about suitable alternatives.

Re: Audio delay in imported version of MTS BDAV file 1 month, 1 week ago #225365

• BrynClarke
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
It’s a Lenovo all-in-one. I’ll post fuller details later when I’m in front of it. However, ShutterEncoder allows me to set start and end points in the video which is all I need to do - maybe I don’t need to use LightWorks at all. I just need an output format I can load up in YouTube?

Re: Audio delay in imported version of MTS BDAV file 1 month, 1 week ago #225367

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
The format that hugly suggested that you use is not broadcast legal, and Shutter Encoder shouldn't be able to produce it. See here for more information.

Re: Audio delay in imported version of MTS BDAV file 1 month, 1 week ago #225369

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
BrynClarke wrote:
It’s a Lenovo all-in-one. I’ll post fuller details later when I’m in front of it. However, ShutterEncoder allows me to set start and end points in the video which is all I need to do - maybe I don’t need to use LightWorks at all. I just need an output format I can load up in YouTube?

Sorry for suggesting a not working format.

The cutting feature of Shutter Encoder isn't frame accurate. You must try and see if you can live with the result. If not, post the specs of your Lenovo computer and we'll try to find a format to convert to which works with Lightworks on your system.

Youtube supports a lot of formats on upload. They recommend using h.264.MP4.

Re: Audio delay in imported version of MTS BDAV file 1 month, 1 week ago #225412

• BrynClarke
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Cuts only needed to be accurate within a few seconds, so Shutter Encoder has done the job. No need to invoke the power of LightWorks. Very many thanks for your help - it is very much appreciated!
youtu.be/3uqBkp2B6OA

Re: Audio delay in imported version of MTS BDAV file 1 month, 1 week ago #225414

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
My pleasure and thank you for sharing the video. I love Beethoven and find the performance great, congratulations. Technically, for an in-camera audio recording it sounds surprisingly good.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds
Scroll To Top