Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Imported audio too soft

Imported audio too soft 1 month ago #221356

I'm making a harp music video: video is in.
I just imported my audio wav file, and it lines up perfectly with the video (both are 29.97 format).

But the audio seems very soft. I just called tech support for the zoom digital recorder I used, and they think it recorded at the correct volume.

Is there a way within Lightworks I can:
1. "Normalize," or turn up the volume?
2. Possibly use a "noise reduction" feature for two spots where wind blows for a couple seconds?

Their tech support recommended I try to use a sound program called Audacity, which I'm glad to try. But if the solution is within Lightworks, I'd rather try that first.

Thanks,

Re: Imported audio too soft 1 month ago #221369

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
You can increase the level inside Lightworks and use EQ for filtering various frequencies.

Within the Audio Tab you can increase the level within each segment. If you look in Chapter 6 of the V2020.1, which can be found in downloads > documentation, you'll find more information.

Re: Imported audio too soft 1 month ago #221374

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
The above has the risk of being subjective guesswork.

The attached video file shows LW playing seven line-up tone files each at a known level. It also shows LW playing the correct level for each file.

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

The attached .zip file contains a LW Archive of an edit - it is similar to the edit in the demo - except that each file plays for 5 seconds instead of 1. Extract the backup from the .zip and import the backup into a 25fps LW project. It will show if your LW installation on your system is playing at the correct level.

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Imported audio too soft 1 month ago #221400

Thank you, everyone, for your input. Because of your help, I found Audio Effects and a "Wind Mic Reduction" that worked perfectly.

I didn't realize there was a breeze--so I didn't use my dead cat. Am so glad LW has a simple remedy for my oversight.

Re: Imported audio too soft 3 weeks, 4 days ago #221700

• edWD7
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 4 days ago
_ interesting _
= Dell Precision T3500
Processor: 1x Xeon Quad Core @ 2.66 GHz
Memory: 4 GB
HDD: 160 GB - WD Velociraptor 10K RPM
Optical: DVDRW
Video: Nvidia Quadro FX 1800 _ 768 MB
_Lightworks 14.5