Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Editing source A1 and A2 to record A4 and A5

Editing source A1 and A2 to record A4 and A5 1 month, 1 week ago #221031

• DNL
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
I want to insert edit A1 to A4 and A2 to A5 and push all the other video and audio tracks down (insert, not replace.)

I have forgotten how to do that. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off--on the record side--the tracks I don't want to edit to, yet enable an insert function rather than a replace function..
LenovoThinkPad P70, Xeon E3, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro M3000M, SSD internal HD, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Re: Editing source A1 and A2 to record A4 and A5 1 month, 1 week ago #221032

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Hello,

If you mean inserting a section into the record timeline in order to create new V/A tracks, which shift the existing down, that isn't possible. To shift existing tracks down, you have to create new tracks above them. Only FX tracks can be dynamically added and removed, by adding and removing effects.

If you mean something different, can you share two screenshots which show the before and after?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Editing source A1 and A2 to record A4 and A5 1 month, 1 week ago #221034

• DNL
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
In FCP one could select whatever tracks on the source and different tracks on the record and the edit would map accordingly. One wasn’t limited to just mapping 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3.
LenovoThinkPad P70, Xeon E3, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro M3000M, SSD internal HD, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Re: Editing source A1 and A2 to record A4 and A5 1 month, 1 week ago #221035

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Still, I don't know exactly what you mean, without seeing anything.

Of course it's possible to map tracks to other tracks of the same kind (V to V, A to A) by enabling/disabling tracks on the recorder and the player accordingly, but the tracks must exist, they are not dynamically added. There are even multiple ways to do that.

If you could share pictures of the task, I can provide more sophisticated and detailed answers.
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Editing source A1 and A2 to record A4 and A5 1 month, 1 week ago #221036

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Anyway, assuming that you're working from a player to a recorder, could it be that you are confused by the feature that when inserting into a timeline with some disabled tracks, the segments on the disabled tracks are not shifted horizontally (read: they stay untouched, which can make sense, under certain conditions)?

If so, assign the command 'Insert(preserve track sync) to a shortcut of your choice, try again and see if it helps.

Re: Editing source A1 and A2 to record A4 and A5 1 month, 1 week ago #221037

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
In V2020.1 you can select/deselect tracks on the source timeline in the fixed layout. Previously this was only available in the flexible layout.

This option is available below the source viewer, just above its time bar there's faint line, place your cursor on it and a gold line appears. Drag that up and select timeline.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top