• Page:

TOPIC: Remove Sibiliance doesn't apply to marked section

Remove Sibiliance doesn't apply to marked section 1 month, 2 weeks ago #220516

• dorian-ds
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Hello all,

As the title says, I've set my in and out markers across about 40 audio clips and dropped the effect into the selection, which highlighted and shows the effect window when the marker is on any of the clips.

However, the effect does nothing in any of the clips even though it IS there. Yes it's enabled across the board...

If I undo that, and then drop the effect one-by-one, then they work fine, but I don't want to do this for 40 clips...

I've read several times about left-click+ALT and drag, but that doesn't work. It only wants to move that clip around the timeline.

I've also added the effect with "all matching clips" since they are all from the same original clip that has been edited and chopped up, but the effect only applied to the first clip even through it shows up on all of them.

My only other alternative is to either join the clips which doesn't seem possible, or render the entire video, re-import the audio, and then apply the effect to the new single audio clip, which seems ridiculous.

Can you not set an effect to an entire audio track completely disregarding selection? I did it this way in Kdenlive all the time and it made things super easy to set the effects once, and anything in that track (even newly added clips) would have the effect applied to it...

Any tips here? I'm quite frustrated with having to drag the effect on every clip individually, and this will be a reoccurring need, which could be a dealbreaker for continuing to pay for this...

Cheers!
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by dorian-ds.

Re: Remove Sibiliance doesn't apply to marked section 1 month, 2 weeks ago #220519

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Hello,

You can neither set audio effects on FX tracks nor apply them to entire tracks. Audio effects, apply exclusively to segments, applied via marked section or, one by one or, via matching clips. Your can remove them only one by one or by neutralizing (read: replacing) EQ presets with EQ. In fact you don't have the choice of multiple audio FX, it's just one EQ preset which can be replaced with another preset, or a customized template.

Saying all this, I cannot reproduce your findings. I just applied "Loudness Curve" to all segments on a grouped pair of tracks A1+A2, no problems.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Remove Sibiliance doesn't apply to marked section 1 month, 2 weeks ago #220521

• dorian-ds
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
hugly wrote:
Hello,

You can neither set audio effects on FX tracks nor apply them to entire tracks. Audio effects, apply exclusively to segments, applied via marked section or, one by one or, via matching clips. Your can remove them only one by one or by neutralizing (read: replacing) EQ presets with EQ. In fact you don't have the choice of multiple audio FX, it's just one EQ preset which can be replaced with another preset, or a customized template.

Saying all this, I cannot reproduce your findings. I just applied "Loudness Curve" to all segments on a grouped pair of tracks A1+A2, no problems.

I don't mean grouped tracks, I mean several clips end-to-end.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Like so. As I said above, the effect only applies to the first clip and not the rest even though it SHOWS that it is indeed there, and I can change the settings on each clip, but it does nothing.

Re: Remove Sibiliance doesn't apply to marked section 1 month, 2 weeks ago #220523

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
I don't say that your findings are wrong, I just cannot reproduce it.

If what you show is music, please try: Apply "Loudness Curve" to a marked section which includes the whole track and see if the problem persists.

Re: Remove Sibiliance doesn't apply to marked section 1 month, 2 weeks ago #220524

• dorian-ds
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Same thing. I mark in at the beginning of the first clip, out at the end of the last, and then drag the loudness curve into the section which gets entirely highlighted.

The loudness curve shows up as an effect when I set the marker on any of the clips, but when I play it, it's only applied to the first clip and not the rest, even though it shows it there.

Re: Remove Sibiliance doesn't apply to marked section 1 month, 2 weeks ago #220534

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
It woks here. No idea how to reproduce.

Please make sure that you have the current version of Lightworks installed and running.

If it's V2020.1 released 19 May 2020, could you create a simple sequence with just a still image on V1 and some audio which show the issue, export a Lightworks archive including all media and share it on a file sharing service of your choice, e.g. wetransfer.com/ ?

Re: Remove Sibiliance doesn't apply to marked section 1 month, 2 weeks ago #220553

• dorian-ds
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
hugly wrote:
It woks here. No idea how to reproduce.

Please make sure that you have the current version of Lightworks installed and running.

If it's V2020.1 released 19 May 2020, could you create a simple sequence with just a still image on V1 and some audio which show the issue, export a Lightworks archive including all media and share it on a file sharing service of your choice, e.g. wetransfer.com/ ?

I am running the most current version, however it says May 18th. Redownloading the latest Linux version downloads the exact same file I already installed.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I'll come up with something to share shortly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds
Scroll To Top