Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sync 2 or more cameras and audio recorder? Software?

Re: Sync 2 or more cameras and audio recorder? Software? 3 months, 1 week ago #215116

• chongkevindee
  • Junior Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
hi schrauber!

im sorry, this is the first time i've heard of "cue points". i have no idea about this. any point to the right direction would be appreciated.

all i do as of the moment is sync to the clap and cut paste as needed. will definitely need to read up on cue options.

thanks!

Re: Sync 2 or more cameras and audio recorder? Software? 3 months, 1 week ago #215117

• kalimerox
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
I m on linux and syncaila is mac os and win only, so i cannot test, sorry...

Re: Sync 2 or more cameras and audio recorder? Software? 3 months, 1 week ago #215127

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
chongkevindee wrote:
.. this is the first time i've heard of "cue points". i have no idea about this. any point to the right direction would be appreciated.

Here is an example video with your material (Lightworks 2020.1, fixed layout):
This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

In this simple example, the clapping is clearly visible in both the video and the audio waveform, so this Cues probably does not have much of an advantage.
In other cases, Cues can be more helpful.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by schrauber.

Re: Sync 2 or more cameras and audio recorder? Software? 3 months, 1 week ago #215132

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Displaying the clip cue shown in the video in the Sequence Timeline, and sync by trimming would actually be unnecessary in this case if the video and audio had been added to the Sequence Timeline only from the source viewer's cue position (adding without the sections before clapping).
But it shows some of the interesting possibilities of clip cues.

By the way, there is also Range Cue.

And of course Lightworks can also create Sync items (with or without cue), and there are other sync tools.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: Sync 2 or more cameras and audio recorder? Software? 3 months, 1 week ago #215143

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
I spent some hours trying to sync the dual cam take with separately recorded audio via the option 'Sync by.Audio waveform' with no success. Unfortunately, I can confirm that syncing two videos appears to work. As soon as a third (artificially created) clip or the separately recorded sound comes into play it fails. The thrown message is sloppy and doesn't assist fixing the problem in any way.

The function might be still experimental? If it stays as it is without detailed documentation how to use, I wouldn't expect to see it in the final release.

chongkevindee,

For the time being, I think you are best off by syncing the media to the slate manually pair by pair, which doesn't take that long. The time I've just wasted with testing this function, I would have been able to sync 200 clips manually, at least.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Sync 2 or more cameras and audio recorder? Software? 3 months ago #215212

Hi schrauber!

you just showed me something that i don't know. omg, you can actually drag a panael from the bottom of the output window.

i understand what you mean now. thank you very much!

Re: Sync 2 or more cameras and audio recorder? Software? 3 months ago #215213

hi hugly!

thank you very much! for the mean time, im going to do manual syncing until the waveform thingy is complete. thank you very much!

edit:

oh, 1 more thing. i tried the same setup (2 cams & 1 audio recorder), but now, inside of a room. it works perfectly fine. perhaps, the waveform sync doesn't work well yet for outdoor shoots.

thanks!
Last Edit: 3 months ago by chongkevindee.

Re: Sync 2 or more cameras and audio recorder? Software? 3 months ago #215273

• timzett
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months ago
chongkevindee wrote:
I tried the same setup (2 cams & 1 audio recorder), but now, inside of a room. it works perfectly fine. perhaps, the waveform sync doesn't work well yet for outdoor shoots.

I would expect it the other way around:
Inside rooms you often struggle with reverb, delay etc. which can make it difficult to interpret the waveform (less spikes etc.)
On the other hand, maybe at your outside shots the audio level was just too low (distance, gain setting etc.) so that also the waveform showed less accurate information.

Always make sure you use the full headroom your audio recording device allows. If you are lacking of proper level meters, you might plug a headphone into your gear and get used to its native output level.
Lwks x64 2020.1 revision 122068, pro license, on Windows 10

HARDWARE:
.Intel Core i7-4710HQ Quad-core 2,50 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
.GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M with 4 GB RAM
.Sound: Onboard (Realtek)
.Disks: 250 GB SSD internal (OS/programs), 1 TB SATA internal for source footage

CAMs: Sony PXW-X70, NEX-5n, Xiaomi Yi 1080p
Last Edit: 3 months ago by timzett.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds
Scroll To Top