Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sound coming out of one side of headphones

Sound coming out of one side of headphones 5 months ago #213610

• KateDally
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months ago
Help!!!

I'm a relatively new video maker on YouTube and I have this issue frequently, the audio sounds fab in Lightworks but when I export based on the YouTube selection, when I listen to it once it's out, I can only hear it in one ear, this creates a tinny sound if I do upload to YouTube, I mess around with it, closing gaps, making sure I'm not on more than one track but it's still happening.
Can anyone advise me what I'm doing wrong please.

Also is there any such thing as a lightworks course or anything.

thanks
Kate

Re: Sound coming out of one side of headphones 5 months ago #213619

• kalimerox
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months ago
HI kate and welcome!

I guess you just export the sound to mono Left or right.. did you check the audio settings in the audio view? in the audio view on the right hand (in fixed mode) you can see round panners you can move around to pan your sound to left, center, right...
Last Edit: 5 months ago by kalimerox.

Re: Sound coming out of one side of headphones 5 months ago #213650

• KateDally
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months ago
Hi thanks for your reply, yes all is set to centre, what i'm finding really frustrating is that sometimes it's fine. I'm working on the free version of lightworks and I really know everything I know (not a lot) by watching YouTube tutorials. But they don't really cover this, so here I am....

Re: Sound coming out of one side of headphones 5 months ago #213652

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months ago
KateDally wrote:
yes all is set to centre, what i'm finding really frustrating is that sometimes it's fine.

The simplest explanation for such behaviour would be a loose connection to your headphones or a damaged cable. Don't say that this must be the cause, but it's worth checking it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Sound coming out of one side of headphones 5 months ago #213664

• KateDally
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months ago
Hello Not the headphones as all else sounds fine, also my subbies have noticed it on some vids. I'll just keep plugging on. I do wish I could go on a course though.

thanks for your response.

cheers
Kate

Re: Sound coming out of one side of headphones 5 months ago #213666

• kalimerox
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months ago
then it is really strange behaviour, I havent heard that before with light works. can you reproduce the problem? does it happen in the same manner all the time , or is it random? if you set up a new test session with just one video file, and export that, does the same thing happen?

Re: Sound coming out of one side of headphones 1 month, 2 weeks ago #220714

• KateDally
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Hi All

Just to let you know, I found out what I was doing, which was that I was overlapping the sound tracks, starting one on another line before the other had ended. Not sure why that resulted in the mono output but there you are. Resolved.

Cheers

Kate

Re: Sound coming out of one side of headphones 1 month, 2 weeks ago #220736

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
KateDally wrote:
I was overlapping the sound tracks, starting one on another line before the other had ended.

What ever the cause was, that was definitely not it! You can overlap audio tracks, and/or video tracks, and/or effects tracks. If you couldn't you wouldn't be able to edit.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top