Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Simple question about putting a gap into my audio track.

Simple question about putting a gap into my audio track. 3 months ago #208095

• Scottini151
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 3 months ago
HI guys I have a video that is more or less complete but we need to fudge the audio with out affecting the video. There are three places in the voice over where we need to insert about a 2-3 second gap as the audio is slightly ahead of the video from time to time.Just need some breathing room. I would rather not mess with the video. I do have some dead room tone recorded I can use to insert but is there even a easier way than that. I do not even know how to insert edit thats the problem, Either method I would take some direction on as I am new to this so any advice is appreciated> The place where we want to insert this "silence" is in the middle of a continuous audio track so not at a point of a pre existing audio edit
Thanks Scott

Inserting a small chunk of audio into an existing time line.PLEASE HELP!!!!! 3 months ago #208099

• Scottini151
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 3 months ago
Hi new to this but there must be a simple way to drop a small audio clip into the MIDDLE of an existing time line?? Best way to describe it is I have an completed audio and video edit.... many hours in the making. BUT realized there is a sentence missing in the middle. I need to drop it in. An analogy or example if my existing audio was some one counting right now its 1,2,3,4,7,8,9,10. I need to Drop in 5,6,7 . I must be able to do an insert edit with out having to redo all the audio? I have video above it that must remain untouched as well. Can someone walk a rookie through the steps . I have the free version so not as many bells and whistles.
THANK YOU

Re: Simple question about putting a gap into my audio track. 3 months ago #208100

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months ago
Hello,

One way to remove an audio segment in the timeline: Mark and park the segment, enable the audio track(s) (disable all others) and remove the segment (Z-key or the symbol on the viewer).

However, before proceeding, I'd suggesting watching the V14 Quick Start tutorial below. It shows all basic operations on an end-to-end wokrflow in less than 8 minutes.

It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Inserting a small chunk of audio into an existing time line.PLEASE HELP!!!!! 3 months ago #208102

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 months ago
Scott, please don't double post about the same problem, and please don't post about an operational problem in the bugs forum. I have joined your two posts.

First, it doesn't matter at all that you are using the free version. The technique that you use will be identical. It is also very simple, and I strongly suggest that you check out some of the tutorials before going much further. To insert into a track whether audio or video, in your source mark one end of the sequence that you wish to insert and park your cursor at the other. In your sequence park at the place you wish to insert the marked section of your source and press the "v" key. Done.

You can also achieve the same result by enabling just your audio track and pressing the "c" key, then clicking and dragging on the timeline to create a gap. And whichever technique you use, you should check out the tutorial on trimming to see how to adjust the gap should you need to.

Re: Simple question about putting a gap into my audio track. 3 months ago #208112

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months ago
Cross fades are important in situations like this.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 10 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Simple question about putting a gap into my audio track. 3 months ago #208116

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months ago
Sometimes it’s easier to add your replacement audio on a separate audio track so you can easily nudge it back and forth to sync it if needed. You can then fade or trim any overlaps as required.
Work Comp: Retired!
Home Comp: Newer! Bigger! Faster!
Send me a tip: paypal.me/4khaver
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Scroll To Top