Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tight as a whistle on Timeline. Audio Render Trippy as fook for export

Tight as a whistle on Timeline. Audio Render Trippy as fook for export 1 week, 5 days ago #207471

• Topjar
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
Thoughts on this folks? Enjoy lightworks, dream to cut with, recent piece looks great on timeline... Why is tho, its pratting about when exporting? Seems like a badly dubbed foreign film. Audio out of sync and randomly too. Good here, out there etc etc. 45 mins long piece but wot have I missed? Used LWks a few years now enjoy it but I'm dumbfounded by the trippy audio renders. Bigger CPU/GPU needed? Looks and sounds tight in the timeline. Any ideas pls.

Re: Tight as a whistle on Timeline. Audio Render Trippy as fook for export 1 week, 4 days ago #207473

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
Hello,

Would you mind posting your computer details, including Lightworks version and operating system, and a Mediainfo report of typical footage you use?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Tight as a whistle on Timeline. Audio Render Trippy as fook for export 1 week, 4 days ago #207499

• Topjar
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
Media info
Container & General info Mpeg4 (Base Media/Version2): 2.55 GiB 44min42s Encoded date: UTC 2019-11-06 15:55:53
Tagged date: UTC 2019-11-06 15:55:53
1 video stream AVC
1 audio stream AAC LC

First Video Stream English 8000kb/s 1440*1080 (16:9) @ 25000 fps AVC (PAL) (High@L4) (CABAC/3RefFrames)

First Audio Stream English 157 kb/s 48.0kHz 2 channels AAC LC

Lightworks x64 (12.6).Ink

Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-4790 CPU @3.60GHz 3.60GHz
RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
64-bit Operating System x64 based processor

Windows 10 Home
Version 1903
0S build 18362.418

Thanks for the reply. That's all the above info you asked about, hope it can help out.

Re: Tight as a whistle on Timeline. Audio Render Trippy as fook for export 1 week, 4 days ago #207514

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
The most reliable medicine for fixing sync issues with V12.6 is converting all highly compressed media, like long GOP AVC/AAC, to common I-frame based intermediate formats, ProRes, MPEG2-Intra, DNxHD, or similar.

Have you ever considered trying to export with the free version of V14.5, just to see if it fixes the problem on existing edits?

There have been major improvements in material and sound handling with V14.5. You can install both versions sided by side, just by specifying a different destination folder when installing, something like 'Lightworks V14.5' instead of Lightworks.
Last Edit: 1 week, 4 days ago by hugly.

Re: Tight as a whistle on Timeline. Audio Render Trippy as fook for export 1 week, 3 days ago #207547

• Topjar
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
Thanks, I have v14.5 full license ready to activate; but didnt fancy risking the upgrade in case it lost my work.
Still nervy about upgrading it.. So I'll give Prores export a go first to see if that brings any joy...
After this I'll consider the v14.5 activation. There was a warning about backing up work before activating, so stuck with v12.6 without any big worries.

Kind suggestions, I'll give the prores a try first. Thanks alot

Re: Tight as a whistle on Timeline. Audio Render Trippy as fook for export 1 week, 3 days ago #207549

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
I can understand your nervousness about upgrading, but Lightworks has a very good track record with backwards compatibility. You can install 14.5 on your system without removing 12.6 as long as you install to a separate folder. I currently have six different versions on my Windows 10 system, and because we're in a beta test cycle, routinely launch any of them. I have never lost anything in the various projects that I have active.

But it is an extremely good idea to have a regular backup regime in any case.

Re: Tight as a whistle on Timeline. Audio Render Trippy as fook for export 1 week, 3 days ago #207550

• Topjar
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
Great, that's very reassuring, true always wise to back up for sure. Ok ill see about getting a result here. Thanks again.

Re: Tight as a whistle on Timeline. Audio Render Trippy as fook for export 1 week, 2 days ago #207564

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Topjar wrote:
So I'll give Prores export a go first to see if that brings any joy...

Lightworks on Windows does not provide a ProRes export option, only Lightworks on OSX does.

I think, there might be some misunderstanding, because I wasn't precise enough.

The most common cause of sync problems with V12.6 is not the export format, it's the format of the footage used, the imported files. I suggested converting the footage to common intermediates formats prior to import, for new edits. For existing edits, the media have to be replaced in the timeline, e.g. by using the function 'Find clips to fill edit'.

Of course, you can try exporting to a format different from 'h.264/MP4', BluRay for instance, but I doubt that it will fix your sync problems reliably.

Due to the misunderstanding, I suspect that the rudimentary technical data you've posted earlier are from a file exported with Lightworks and not from your typical footage?

If the problems continue with V14.5, a complete Mediainfo report of your footage would be necessary for support.

Re: Tight as a whistle on Timeline. Audio Render Trippy as fook for export 1 week, 2 days ago #207581

• Topjar
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Ok I see, would exporting the audio WAV clips in the project and treat it with 'common i- frame intermediate formats' fix it? If I was to import this New treated sound file and replace in its rightful position on the timelime..

Or must the original acquisition footage be completely treated before import?

It sounds like the v14.5 upgrade sounds the way to go. Thanks

Re: Tight as a whistle on Timeline. Audio Render Trippy as fook for export 1 week, 2 days ago #207585

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Exporting and replacing audio-only won't help, converting and replacing the entire material (video with embedded audio) is necessary and, it will work only if your source material is captured at a standard and constant frame rate.

Installing V14.5 sided by side with V12.6 is a matter of minutes. On existing edits, it's surely worth a try.

Instead of saving archives per project as backup, you can make a copy of the Lightworks folder on OS level, on Windows "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks", just in case.
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by hugly.

Re: Tight as a whistle on Timeline. Audio Render Trippy as fook for export 1 week, 2 days ago #207609

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
You need to be aware that 14.5 has two user interfaces, the default fixed format which will be quite alien to you, and the classic flexible one with which you're familiar. To change them click on the cogs icon at the top right of the entry screen and select "Project layout".

Re: Tight as a whistle on Timeline. Audio Render Trippy as fook for export 1 week, 2 days ago #207610

• Topjar
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Thanks for those instructions, once I have made those steps, I'm confident this version will remedy my current issue and improve my next projects.

I heard about the fresh layout of 14.5, it's good to know I can keep it familiar with the cog.. Ok taken all on board folks! I'll be back here soon. Appreciate this...

Re: Tight as a whistle on Timeline. Audio Render Trippy as fook for export 1 week, 2 days ago #207615

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
This old stick-in-the-mud very much prefers the flexible interface. It's just faster in my opinion, and I can lay things out the way that I want, and you don't have to keep changing modes to do things. But then I'm also still using my mark I Lightworks console.

You also lose access to rooms in the fixed user interface.

Re: Tight as a whistle on Timeline. Audio Render Trippy as fook for export 1 week, 1 day ago #207641

• Topjar
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Hi again, Im making those tentative steps here to upgrading..
I have the full license of 12.6 and Boris FX. Got the 14.6 beta downloaded. I've just copied the entire Lightworks 12.6 folder to the desktop as the back-up from C: Now I have gone into & created a New folder named Lightworks14.
This is how it reads at the install location prompt C:/Program Files/Lightworks/Lightworks.. Do you think I am set to go by clicking Next?

Re: Tight as a whistle on Timeline. Audio Render Trippy as fook for export 1 week, 1 day ago #207642

• Topjar
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Check that soz! it actually it reads C:/Program Files/Lightworks14/Lightworks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
Scroll To Top