Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Issue with syncing. frame rate problem?

Issue with syncing. frame rate problem? 3 weeks, 1 day ago #206849

• lukas_hyrman
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Hey all,
So I am trying to sync up audio from a zoom to the video I shot with A7s.
A7s shoots in 23.9~frames per second, while lightworks seems to put the sequence in 24 frames per second. This is maybe causing a super slight speed up of the video, due to it being played back at 24 frames per second?

See I can sync my audio at the beggining, but by the end of the video its way out, so it is playing at a different speed.

Ideas?

Thanks friends

Re: Issue with syncing. frame rate problem? 3 weeks ago #206859

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 weeks ago
Please have a look ar P214 in the V14.5 user guide, which can be found in downloads > documentation.

See if the pre-ingest setting in the Audio only media menu solves your sync issue.

Re: Issue with syncing. frame rate problem? 3 weeks ago #206866

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
lukas_hyrman wrote:
A7s shoots in 23.9~frames per second, while lightworks seems to put the sequence in 24 frames per second. This is maybe causing a super slight speed up of the video, due to it being played back at 24 frames per second?

Basically yes. Lightworks allows mixing frame rates in one sequences and applies speed compensation accordingly, if necessary. The NLE cannot find out which video material (read: frame rate) separately imported audio belongs to, it needs manual adjustment. This can be done with the pre-ingest sync settings, as mentioned by briandrys.

For more technical details, please see: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=8&id=205318&Itemid=81#205332
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Issue with syncing. frame rate problem? 3 weeks ago #206889

Thanks guys
once again
you saved my ass

Re: Issue with syncing. frame rate problem? 3 weeks ago #206926

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
By the way, recently I found those Tips To Capture A Singer Songwriter Performance In One Take which might find your interest.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Issue with syncing. frame rate problem? 2 weeks, 5 days ago #206989

• lukas_hyrman
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Thanks Hugly! Since those last vids i've begun putting a zoom near the performer and mixing that in with the camera mic. Tworks out real nice.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top