Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Clicking sound on export

Re: Clicking sound on export 1 week, 6 days ago #205801

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
By the way, I found that shifting the range to delete slightly to the left, removes the clicking noise more efficiently/smoothly:

Sample 004,063,963 to 004,064,108.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 6 days ago by hugly.

Re: Clicking sound on export 1 week, 5 days ago #205806

• lukas_hyrman
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
Well guys, I found a work around, from Hugly on another post! I used the ffmpeg command you outlined to join the uncompressed audio (.wav) to the compressed video (.mp4) into a .mov. From what I can tell the video quality is the same, and my audio problem is fixed. Of course, this is a time consuming workaround and I would have hoped there would be a built in option for this type of export in lightworks. Using the "blueray" export does not do the trick, the audio is still compressed.

Re: Clicking sound on export 1 week, 5 days ago #205807

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
Would you mind sharing the audio file you've used in your sequence?

I can imagine that it would be very useful as reference for testing and comparing encoders.

Re: Clicking sound on export 1 week, 5 days ago #205808

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
.. Thinking it over, since you've touched the audio settings in Lightworks, an archive of the sequence including the media would be needed as reference. However, the exported WAV file of the final version might be sufficient.

Re: Clicking sound on export 1 week, 4 days ago #205839

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
Nevermind, I've downloaded the new version from Vimeo, hoping that's ok with you?

With my Sennheiser HD 650 headphones, I believe to hear that some parts of the new version sound a bit less 'chirpy'. However, the 'click' I've been investigating so intensively seems to be already in the original recording.

lukas_hyrman wrote:
Of course, this is a time consuming workaround and I would have hoped there would be a built in option for this type of export in lightworks. Using the "blueray" export does not do the trick, the audio is still compressed.

Currently, the following export formats combine long GOP h.264 video with PCM audio in Lightworks, so there is no need to use third party software to remux, at least not for 1080p24 (23.98) export:

• Blu-Ray with h.264 compression setting, from Targets
  • AVCHD, from Camera formats
Last Edit: 1 week, 4 days ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top