Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: cannot add audio tracks to sequence: option is greyed out

cannot add audio tracks to sequence: option is greyed out 1 week, 3 days ago #201271

• kalimerox
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
I m trying to sync external recorded audio to video,

I m just starting using the flexible layout so i m not too familiar with the gui yet.

but when i try to add tracks like right click -- tracks : add audio and all the other options are greyed out..

what do i have to do to add tracks to a sequence? thanks !

Re: cannot add audio tracks to sequence: option is greyed out 1 week, 3 days ago #201272

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
You need to put the sequence into record mode. Left click on the record button on the sequence viewer for the one you are working on, it will turn red when on. The surround will change from blue to red.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 1 week, 3 days ago by briandrys.

Re: cannot add audio tracks to sequence: option is greyed out 1 week, 3 days ago #201273

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
It could be that your sequence viewer shows blue borders. If so it's in player mode and most of the menu entries are greyed out. Click on the button 'Record' lower left right on the viewer to switch to recorder mode.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by hugly.

Re: cannot add audio tracks to sequence: option is greyed out 1 week, 2 days ago #201274

• kalimerox
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
hej thats exactly what it was, thanks folks!!!

Re: cannot add audio tracks to sequence: option is greyed out 1 week, 2 days ago #201278

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
By the way, if you want to use sections of your currently edited sequence as a source for a new, previously non-existent sequence, then all you need is:
- Disable "Record"
- Mark & Park
- and, for example, press the Replace button
Lightworks will now automatically create a new sequence with the content of the selected area.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Scroll To Top