Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 6 frame delay

6 frame delay 3 months ago #193448

• timnich
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 3 months ago
I'm revisiting this thread because its still an issue for me and I have more information to add to the issue.

Running 14.5 on my Win 10 laptop and I still sometimes get around a 6 frame delay in the sound coming from the speakers. However recently I was working on a 2 view multicam and the delay became an unusable second or so.

However since my laptop has dual HD's I installed Linux Mint on a small partition on the second drive and then LWKS 14.5 on that via the deb package.

Having exported the timeline with the multicam under windows I imported it into this new copy and relinked the media.

Lo and behold minimal audio delay although occasional slight sync issues on a cut till it settled down

So same material, same external USB3 HD, same LWKS version different OS.

I also found that LWKS booted up much much quicker. However there is one major downside. Although it is registered as a Pro copy on Windows it only comes up as the free one on Mint, I suspect if I try and login with my proper username it will decide it is a different system and use up my spare install that I am saving for when I update my system as licences cannot be transferred.

I've split this off into a new thread because the original thread was over 3 years old and Lightworks has changed a lot since then.
-Arnie
Last Edit: 2 months, 4 weeks ago by arniepix.

Re: Delayed audio in speakers 3 months ago #193453

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months ago
Reading through this discussion reveals some interesting dialogues from the past.

The audio engine of Lightworks has been improved significantly, so most of the problems discussed here and elsewhere are history, but audio delay in preview on under powered machines still exists.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Delayed audio in speakers 3 months ago #193455

• timnich
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 3 months ago
I can understand issues on lowly specced systems but I did not expect an i7 to fall into that category although RAM is a bit low for a modern system at 8G.

Clearly though Win 10 is demanding more of the hardware leaving less for the programme. Since the same hardware is now shown to be capable of much better performance.

Re: Delayed audio in speakers 3 months ago #193458

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months ago
Do you think that bumping up a 4 year old thread will fix your problem?

Re: Delayed audio in speakers 2 months, 4 weeks ago #193464

• timnich
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 2 months, 4 weeks ago
Given the option of starting a new thread or providing new information on an existing issue (which for me has been consistent through versions whatever under the hood changes there might have been) I thought the latter would be generally more useful to others who might be experiencing similar problems.

Given that the information I gave provided a solution to my own problem, and in highlighting the significant impact changing only the OS can have on performance may help others (I had hitherto assumed there was some quirk of my hardware that was to blame and something I had to live with) I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

Re: Delayed audio in speakers 2 months, 4 weeks ago #193468

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 4 weeks ago
hugly wrote:
Do you think that bumping up a 4 year old thread will fix your problem?
It would be best to address the topic rather than harassing users on matters and in manners which to be frank are a) none of another user's concern b) offensive and confrontational c) irrelevant to the topic being discussed.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Delayed audio in speakers 2 months, 4 weeks ago #193469

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 4 weeks ago
Most of the time, if you can't have a dedicated system, I recommend you turn everything that you don't need off. I don't know what W10 uses but you could start with things like your internet connection and security. After you are offline, of course. We can see now a lightweight operating system provides benefit.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Delayed audio in speakers 2 months, 4 weeks ago #193475

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 4 weeks ago
timnich wrote:
Given the option of starting a new thread or providing new information on an existing issue (which for me has been consistent through versions whatever under the hood changes there might have been) I thought the latter would be generally more useful to others who might be experiencing similar problems.

Given that the information I gave provided a solution to my own problem, and in highlighting the significant impact changing only the OS can have on performance may help others (I had hitherto assumed there was some quirk of my hardware that was to blame and something I had to live with) I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

I agree. There are many audio related issues with Lightworks which other NLE don't show. Even with the current release, many users report about sync issue and audio delay in preview, but I think most of those issues are different from earlier versions because the audio engine has been modified over the las three years significantly.

Different issues need different fixes, even if they appear to be similar.

I'm sure RWAV, as an experienced user, can tell you what to do to solve your problem.
Last Edit: 2 months, 4 weeks ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
Scroll To Top