Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lightworks V 14 Audio out of Sync with Video upon Media Import

Re: Lightworks V 14 Audio out of Sync with Video upon Media Import 2 months, 3 weeks ago #198248

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Looks like a moderately under powered for this type of media. The media is compressed with the AVC and AAC codecs. The video stream also includes a variable GOP stream. You could try recording with a fixed GOP, if available. Otherwise, a proxy workflow will work. Unless, of course, you want to transcode your media before or upon import. Update to the latest version of Lightworks.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Lightworks V 14 Audio out of Sync with Video upon Media Import 2 months, 3 weeks ago #198250

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Biggamer_2001 wrote:
No problem you were only helping. I know the specs of my pc are not good. So you are saying the delay is because of my processor? and If I export these to youtube will the audio delay be there?

Yes, as long as the sync issues are caused by audio delay in preview (caused by low powered hardware). Since sync issues can have other causes as well, starting with media and wrong trimming/cutting, I'd suggest exporting to your local drive and watching the result with a local media player, prior to uploading to Youtube.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Lightworks V 14 Audio out of Sync with Video upon Media Import 2 months, 3 weeks ago #198251

• Biggamer_2001
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
I have also noticed somedays(rare days) there is no audio delay but the next day and sometimes the same day later, I can see the audio delay.

Re: Lightworks V 14 Audio out of Sync with Video upon Media Import 2 months, 3 weeks ago #198252

• Biggamer_2001
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Ok thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate the quick responses.

Re: Lightworks V 14 Audio out of Sync with Video upon Media Import 2 months, 3 weeks ago #198253

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Biggamer_2001 wrote:
I have also noticed somedays(rare days) there is no audio delay but the next day and sometimes the same day later, I can see the audio delay.

That can happen sometimes, even on beefed machines, in particular with Lightworks V14.0 due to some known issues. If you run V14.0 and not V14.5, upgrading is highly recommended. The only known issue of that kind with V14.5 is caused by returning from hibernation mode with Lightworks running. It's fixable by restarting Lightworks.

With V14.5, if you should encounter unexpected audio delay in preview, suddenly while editing and fixable by restarting Lightworks, please come back and tell what you did just before the issue occurred.

Have a nice day.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Lightworks V 14 Audio out of Sync with Video upon Media Import 1 week, 6 days ago #202595

• Wthecc
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Lightworks support and staff is definitely of great value. Thanks to you all!
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top