Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Importing audio

Importing audio 9 years ago #1471

• harerton
  • Junior Boarder
  • 9 years ago
Hi from Brazil,

Please help an audio engineer in his adventures in video editing...

I have a 2 camera shot of a concert: one with the full concert and one with some scenes. I also have the finished audio in stereo and also discrete 5 tracks surround.

I already figured out how to import the videos.

Now I need to sync them. As the second camera only has some scenes I suppose I should insert blank spaces on it in order to align it with the main shot. Is that OK or is there a better way to do that?

Now what I suppose I have to import the audio tracks into an edit stripview and add the video from the two cameras to it. I would like to have the stereo and surround tracks in the same stripview in order to keep sync in case I delete any scene. Question: How I do that???

Thanks for any help!

Harerton
Last Edit: 9 years ago by harerton.

Importing audio 9 years ago #1488

• Hammerhead
  • 9 years ago
Hi Harerton. Lightworks can automatically sync your video & audio clips for you if they have matching timecode : Place all the clips in a bin and choose 'Auto synchronise' from the bin cogs menu. This will allow you to generate a 'Sync' clip.
Lightworks development

Importing audio 9 years ago #1510

• sebalex
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 9 years ago
Hi Hammerhead,

I get my clips from a Canon EOS 7D and I dont think there is any timecode information available in there. How can I add this information? Additional devices?

Thanks a lot!

Sebastian from Zurich, Switzerland

Importing audio 9 years ago #1516

• Hammerhead
  • 9 years ago
It's much easier if you have timecode already, but it is possible to change the timecode for your clips : if you click the arrow next to the timecode display at the base of your clip viewer, you'll see the timecode(s) assigned to that clip. Checking 'enable modifications' allows you edit the timecode.
Lightworks development
Last Edit: 9 years ago by Hammerhead.

Importing audio 9 years ago #1537

Hammerhead wrote:
... Checking 'enable modifications' allows you edit the timecode.

sweet

Importing audio 9 years ago #1568

• harerton
  • Junior Boarder
  • 9 years ago
Thanks Hammerhead,

In fact camera 2 shot is not synced to the main camera - it has only portions of the songs. So, first of all I need to make it sync to the main shot. Both cameras were consumer miniDV.

I believe I could do this by inserting some blank space between the scenes so they line up to the camera 1 material. In fact, I already have the timecode relationship as I had started to edit in another software so maybe it wouldn't be difficult to do that. I just have to find out how!

The most important thing is to get used to a new workflow. But I believe the future looks promising!

Thanks!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Scroll To Top