Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Audio suddenly stopped working...

Re: Audio suddenly stopped working... 4 years, 3 months ago #124568

• marcuscrowe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 years, 3 months ago
Windows 10

Re: Audio suddenly stopped working... 4 years, 3 months ago #124571

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 years, 3 months ago
marcuscrowe,

if you want help from users of this forum you have to accept some rules.

First of all, don't double post to the same issue because you confuse others. You have been told that and you just ignored it.

You surely know that nobody can see or hear what's going on on your computer from a distance.

Read through your posts. Do you think you provided enough informations for others to understand your problem?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Audio suddenly stopped working... 4 years, 3 months ago #124575

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 years, 3 months ago
Marcus, you have been picked up double posting by two users now. I have merged all of your threads into this, but this is the last time that I'm prepared to do that.

If you find that your post has dropped down and no-one is responding, don't start a new thread. Reply to your existing thread yourself. The reply can be as simple as the word "bump", which indicates to other users that you have bought your post to the top again. A better thing to do would be to reply with a post that adds something meaningful to the thread - a little more information about what you're doing and how you're doing it would be useful.

But please don't double post. From now on I'll be locking any new threads that you start on this topic.

In the project fixer thread you were told how to repair your project prior to a relink. That's information that doesn't appear in this thread. In neither thread is there any information about what happened after you ran the project fixer. All of that is useful information, and in your own interest should be in one place. It could help others to narrow down the possible causes of your problem.

At the moment getting information from you to help others help you is like pulling teeth. For instance we now find out that you're running Windows 10. Have you just installed the big update package? There have been instances reported here and elsewhere of that update process apparently corrupting programs.

Try this: download the 32-bit version of Lightworks and install that. You won't need to delete your existing version, and it would be best if you didn't at this stage. Once it has installed, run it and open your project and see if the problem has been fixed. Come back here and tell us the result and we'll see where to go from that point.
Last Edit: 4 years, 3 months ago by jwrl.

Re: Audio suddenly stopped working... 4 years, 3 months ago #124581

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 years, 3 months ago
There is some inconsistency in statements on this matter. The OP says the hardware output test has failed.

If the hardware output test has failed, it is impossible for any audio to be previewed.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 10 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Audio suddenly stopped working... 4 years, 3 months ago #124584

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 4 years, 3 months ago
Do you use external speakers? Are they still connected and turned on? Does other sound work with them, like from VLC?

If you play the media in VLC or another player, does the audio work there?

Please remember that nobody can see your computer from here but you, so you need to meet us part way by actually providing the type of detailed information that might be useful to somebody trying to help you trouble shoot this problem.
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!

Re: Audio suddenly stopped working... 4 months, 1 week ago #224946

• jeniflower
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
hi marcus,

did you find the solution?
i am also facing the same problem i can see the audio but audio muted while playing.

Re: Audio suddenly stopped working... 4 months, 1 week ago #224947

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Welcome to the forum.

It's usually best not to post on old threads, they may be using an older version of Lightworks.

Please check that the solo buttons in the audio mixer under the audio tab are on.

If they are, check the system menu on the project browser (home) page. Right click on the black surround. Under hardware select output tests, you should hear a tone.

Re: Audio suddenly stopped working... 3 months, 3 weeks ago #225947

• jeniflower
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Yes I am hearing the sone tone on output test.but still not able to fix the problem.solo button also not working for me.
Any other way I should try to fix this problem?

Re: Audio suddenly stopped working... 3 months, 3 weeks ago #225948

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
jeniflower wrote:
I am hearing the sone tone on output test.but still not able to fix the problem

Hello,

The question is, which problem?

You declared that you have the same problem as the original poster, but obviously you don't. Their output test failed:
marcuscrowe wrote:
I've done a hardware output test and nothing has happened

I've attached a zipped Lighworks archive. Download and unzip it. Use 'Restore an archived project..' up left on the start screen and see if you hear sound when playing the sequence.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Scroll To Top