Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: User Effects files (Post #1 has them all)

Re: User Effects files (Post #1 has them all) 1 month ago #188169

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
This effect came about because a user did something similar, but had to do it in a very complex way. This effect is called "Framed DVE" (Framed_DVE.fx) and is a combination of two 2D DVEs designed to provide a drop shadow and vignette effect while staying as close as possible to Editshare's 2D DVE parameters. It uses three video layers, the usual Fg and Bg, and a third Tx (texture) layer.

Because of the way that the DVEs are created and applied they have exactly the same quality impact on the final result as a single DVE would. The main one is called simply DVE, and adjusts the foreground, crop, frame and drop shadow. As the foreground is cropped it can be given a textured border to create a bevelled picture frame. The border bevel can be feathered, as can the drop shadow. The second (hidden) DVE adjusts the size and position of the foreground inside the frame.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

There is actually a rudimentary third DVE of sorts that adjusts the size and position of the frame texture. Because the DVE is provided with Z-axis rotation but the shadow maintains the correct orientation, shadow angle and offset are used to set it up rather than shadow X and Y positions. As well as that the shadow distance can be adjusted, which scales the shadow as it offsets it for increased realism.

Given that currently X and Y rotation kills the frame depth illusion they have been left out. If a true depth component could be included though, immediately several things would become possible. Apart from allowing convincing X-Y axes of rotation, directional edge illumination could be correctly supported and linked to drop shadow angle, for example. At the moment I haven't worked out a simple way to do that without loading the GPU down too much to be useful.

You can download Framed_DVE.zip to get it.
Last Edit: 4 weeks ago by jwrl.

Re: User Effects files (Post #1 has them all) 3 weeks ago #188605

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
There was a post here by someone who had a question about the delta key effect but that post is now gone. I’ll assume they figured it out and deleted their post.
Work Comp: Retired!
Home Comp: Newer! Bigger! Faster!
Send me a tip: paypal.me/4khaver

Re: User Effects files (Post #1 has them all) 3 weeks ago #188606

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 weeks ago
I assumed the same thing. The effect itself should be clear enough, and I feel sure that jmbush1007 has been able to work it out.
Last Edit: 3 weeks ago by jwrl.

Re: User Effects files (Post #1 has them all) 3 weeks ago #188608

• jmbush1007
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
I started to figure out the routing and got some results, so I decided to delete the post. Perhaps delta mask was the wrong tool for the job, as I ended up getting a lot better results just using polymask. Though, maybe using the two together would give even better results? What is the difference between delta mask and a difference matte?

My background is an outdoor scene with trees, and changing light, so, I don't know how effective deltamask can be in that scenario.

Here is what I ended up with. Any suggestions for cleaning it up further?

Also, what is best practice for polymasking? Chunk the video into sections where you can use the simplest polygons for masking? I'm pretty happy with the results I ended up getting, but I'm sure it could be better and done more efficiently!

Thanks for all the help yall.

Re: User Effects files (Post #1 has them all) 2 weeks, 4 days ago #188788

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
This Lightworks user effect is called "Poster paint" (PosterPaint.fx) and provides an adjustable posterization of the image. The adjustment ranges from 0 to 20, with zero being two steps of posterization (black and white) and twenty being normal video. The input video can be graded prior to the posterization process adding to the range of adjustment possible.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Download PosterPaint.zip to get it.

Re: User Effects files (Post #1 has them all) 2 weeks, 1 day ago #188998

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
From Sina-drums: 4 views in total, picture in picture and split screen, up to 3 views simultaneously.

Is there anything in the treasure box to create the diagonal split screen with precise white (coloured) edge/border lines easily.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 1 day ago by hugly.

Re: User Effects files (Post #1 has them all) 2 weeks ago #189025

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks ago
The simplest way is to use a diagonal wipe and turn the keyframing off. You could also do it with a Polymask or an Octagonal vignette.

Re: User Effects files (Post #1 has them all) 2 weeks ago #189028

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
I have no idea how to create that moving split screen starting at 02:06 with DVE on both sides and a white bar in between with an angle of appr. 30 degrees with a wipe or Poymask/Vignette, but I'll try to see what I can get managed.

Thanks for answering.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Scroll To Top