Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: GoPro Studio supports pixel flow slowmo

GoPro Studio supports pixel flow slowmo 4 years, 11 months ago #83070

• brdloush
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 years, 11 months ago
As brdloush requested, I have moved his post and the answers to a new thread. Thanks, brdloush - jwrl.

I'd like to mention one new alternative for making twixtor-like slow-motion videos.

The latest version of "GoPro Studio" (free app for windows & mac) now supports twixtor-like slowmotion technology which they call "flux".

more info here or check youtube for tutorials and samples.

BTW GoPro Studio is quite picky when it comes to importing footage, so you might need to transcode your files into some container/codec it likes.

Hope some people might find this information useful.
Last Edit: 4 years, 11 months ago by jwrl.

GoPro Studio supports pixel flow slowmo 4 years, 11 months ago #83071

• dzemens
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 years, 11 months ago
brdloush wrote:

The latest version of "GoPro Studio" (free app for windows & mac) now supports twixtor-like slowmotion technology which they call "flux".

I'll look in to that. I have the GoPro software, but have not been able to use it at all with Lightworks; the AVI files it exports won't render in lightworks at all (this is in addition to GoPro's refusal to work with files that are not produced by a GoPro camera).

The appeal here with SloMoVideo was the "Assistant Application" would arguably let me work more seamlessly in lightworks. While I can use it as a standalone app, that requires a few extra steps (rendering the clip/output, then processing it, then re-importing to the lightworks project). GoPro Studio would require the additional transcoding step.

GoPro Studio supports pixel flow slowmo 4 years, 11 months ago #83074

• dzemens
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 years, 11 months ago
brdloush wrote:

BTW GoPro Studio is quite picky when it comes to importing footage, so you might need to transcode your files into some container/codec it likes.

BTW, since you mention this, what would you recommend for transcoding other video files to GoPro? I don't see much help on GoPro's site for this topic...

I am able to import other video files (e.g., from a Sony Action Cam) to GoPro, but I cannot trim or edit these clips in GoPro Studio -- basically all I can do is "export" them to the decompressed video files, so if I have 8 minutes of footage but only want to apply slow mo to a few seconds of it, I have to trim it in another application first.

I don't use slow motion very often but I would like to use it a *little bit*, if only it weren't so difficult/time consuming to do it...

GoPro Studio supports pixel flow slowmo 4 years, 11 months ago #83079

• brdloush
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 years, 11 months ago
So far I've only been using 2 kinds of files in GoPro Studio: original MP4 files from GoPro camera and AVCHD 1080p50 .MTS files from my Panasonic LX7. GoPro Studio didn't accept MTS container so I had to re-wrap those files into MP4 container (and transcode audio to AAF).

Regarding the fact that you can't use the AVI files from GoPro studio in LWKS : that's actually quite weird. I'm using files exported from GoPro Studio (CineForm codec wrapped in either AVI or MOV) in LWKS without any issues.

Btw. we've come a bit off-topic, so can perhaps some @ForumAdmin move these few replies into new thread?

Done, see above - jwrl.
Last Edit: 4 years, 11 months ago by jwrl.

GoPro Studio supports pixel flow slowmo 4 years, 11 months ago #83086

• Craig Marshall
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 years, 11 months ago
@ brdloush: thanks for the link re: 'twixtor-like' slow motion in GoPro Studio. Anything to get away from the poor UI of Slowmovideo!

1) Will the free version work with ProRes or DNxHD?

2) if you are using AVCHD 50P, have you tried the PTS frame rate change feature in the latest ClipToolz Convert v2? I use it exclusively for processing 50% slow motion during a transcode from AVCHD 50P to ProRes 25P prior to edit. Best results I've seen so far...
Custom Haswell z87 i7 3.9Ghz 4770
System SSD, 16TB Internal RAID 0, Cache SSD
16GB DDR3, Thunderbolt, Nvidia GTX 970 G1 Maxwell GPU
Lightworks Pro with DNxHD license
Resolve 15 with OxygenTec ProPanel
X-Keys Pro 68 key USB Jog/Shuttle controller
2 x 24" HD GUI, 24" 10bit Rec.709 IPS Monitor
12G Decklink 4K SDI Pro>HD-Link Pro>Display Port
Sony 55" X9005B 4K Client Monitor
Sony Super 35 HD camera with Atomos ProRes Recorder
4x4" matte box/follow focus. Zeiss 'Contax' FF primes with Metabones 'Speed Booster'
Rode NTG-3/I-Rig XLR Phantom preamp
HDvideo4K.com
Last Edit: 4 years, 11 months ago by Craig Marshall.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Scroll To Top