• Page:

TOPIC: Black background on pasted effects

Black background on pasted effects 1 month, 1 week ago #224928

• Phybot
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Hello,

When I copy effects from the VFX track (two titles effects in this case) from one sequence and paste to another sequence, I do not see the video over which it's been pasted anymore, just a black background. Yet when I copy and paste in the same sequence it works fine (I can still see the video under it.

Could anyone please explain to me why this happens and how to do what I'm trying to do?

Thank you!
-Yannick

Re: Black background on pasted effects 1 month, 1 week ago #224929

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Open the VFX routing panel on the errant Sequence - reconnect the Text tool as it is in the source sequence.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Black background on pasted effects 1 month, 1 week ago #224949

• Phybot
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Amazing! It works, thank you!

Re: Black background on pasted effects 1 month, 1 week ago #224984

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
For future reference, when cutting and pasting effects Lightworks has no way of knowing what your routing intentions are. You will usually need adjust them after the paste. A better way of getting the same result is to save the effect that you want to transfer as a template. Then just apply the template in the new location - Lightworks will be able to take care of the routing for you.

But don't forget to remove the template from your effects when you no longer need it. You can do that immediately after you've used it if you wish. It will still be there in your timeline.
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top