Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Super Slow Motion with low fps

Re: Super Slow Motion with low fps 1 month, 2 weeks ago #224717

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
I promised to post a 720p render if it works out without a crash. It didn't, but one of the crashes occurred close to the end, so I could use the created image sequence to compress in HEVC to a forum-friendly file. See the result attached below.

DainApp creates the best results, by far. The price is very low speed, even on PC hardware close to the higher end. At a speed factor or 4, I ended up with avg 3.7 second per output frame in 720p an a GTX 1060.

What all results show: When doing what human brains can do in tenth of a second and mouse-brains even faster, separating moving object from their background precisely and following in real time, even on a 2-dimensional projections (picture), the current algorithms, including AI-approaches, fall short, in terms of performance and quality.

From the installed files it seems that DrainApp uses PyTorch internally. Maybe it's just a GUI for what is shown in some detail in this video:

Edit: If your browser has problems playing the attached file, download to watch.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top