Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Split Screen

Split Screen 1 month ago #221395

• smittywest
  • Edu User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hi Folks. New here. Thanks for your help.
I have Pro version.

I found the split screen presets...I see there is a two and a quad. Is there more?
I'm looking for that "Zoom" look with a bunch of faces on the screen the easiest way I can muster.

Thanks,
Smitty
To paraphrase Star Trek’s Dr. McCoy, “Dammit, I’m a sound engineer, not a video editor!”
.....Dragged into this by COVID in Ojai, California

Re: Split Screen 1 month ago #221396

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

No, with build-in effects, the quad split is the upper limit (as a preset). ***

Have you already developed some ideas how your screen layout should look like, exactly?

*** Of course you can create more than four with multiple DVEs.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.

Re: Split Screen 1 month ago #221397

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
smittywest wrote:
Is there more?

More split screens or more effects?

smittywest wrote:
I'm looking for that "Zoom" look

By "Zoom" look, do you mean zooming into a video and cropping the edges, or do you mean zooming the dimensions of a screen in relation to the other screens, e.g. like this? :

- Details: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=7&id=219277&Itemid=81#219832

- Regular download page of this effect: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=7&id=188603&limit=15&limitstart=270&Itemid=81#190019

- Overview of some Multiscreen user effects

- If you want to create more screens with these effects, you can find this link in the effect descriptions: USING MULTISCREEN EFFECTS TO BUILD COMPLEX IMAGE GROUPS

smittywest wrote:
.. with a bunch of faces on the screen.

How many screens?
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 1 month ago by schrauber.

Re: Split Screen 1 month ago #221399

• smittywest
  • Edu User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
I want a checkerboard of screens...to make, for instance, a choir of individual singers. 9...or 16...I can’t imagine the tedium to make 16 separate dve calculations.

By “zoom” I mean the Zoom app that everyone here is using for virtual meetings, where you can see every participant on the screen at once.
To paraphrase Star Trek’s Dr. McCoy, “Dammit, I’m a sound engineer, not a video editor!”
.....Dragged into this by COVID in Ojai, California

Re: Split Screen 1 month ago #221401

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
OK, you should check out this post and the three posts that follow it. That goes through the methodology required to set up multiscreen effects, and then any of the the three effects which follow it can be downloaded and be used to make the multiscreen.

If you need help with installing custom effects you will find it here.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by jwrl.

Re: Split Screen 1 month ago #221404

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
I have also experimented with a template with 16 inputs:
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

In a first test I had the impression that the template automatically connects to all 16 tracks, but unfortunately the routing shows something completely different, which makes changes to the routing almost impossible.
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: Split Screen 1 month ago #221407

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
There is one underlying assumption: That smittywest has enough computer power to be able to set up and preview the nine or sixteen images on screen. Your effect is one way of producing sixteen images on screen, schrauber. With one less effect it's possible to do that with the routing below, although I doubt whether there would be much improvement in performance with one less effect.

That routing was used to produce the layout below. Note the variable aspect ratios and borders. One less obvious feature is that each image is scaled and positioned once, and is not affected by any other effect. No manual routing is needed either.

The scaling, borders and cropping for the left column of four was set once and applied to each image in that group. Just the individual positions needed adjustment. The same applies to the bottom centre four and the right side four groups. The top three and the centre image were the only ones that needed individual adjustment.

However, with either effect there can be routing issues not caused by the effect used, but caused by the Lightworks routing display, as you have highlighted, schrauber.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by jwrl.

Re: Split Screen 1 month ago #221415

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
smittywest wrote:
I want a checkerboard of screens...to make, for instance, a choir of individual singers. 9...or 16...I can’t imagine the tedium to make 16 separate dve calculations.

Oh well, I created the case study linked to below not long ago just with the build-in 2D-DVE's and timeline rendering in three groups. The positions are indeed keyed-in manually. This implies precise preparation. I used an Excel sheet for that. The animation is an overlay on top of the split screen.

It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Split Screen 1 month ago #221428

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
If a simple 16-screen standard chessboard pattern layout is sufficient for you (aspect ratio of the screens like the export aspect ratio, without cropping etc.), then this effect template could be a quick solution:

(I used proxies, of course)
[EDIT] In the video, the multiscreen is ready from 00:16.
The rest of the video only shows what the effect does, and optional, how to make the tile visible in the routing (if necessary), which Lightworks hides under other tiles, etc.

Download and details: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=7&id=219277&limit=15&limitstart=30&Itemid=81#221426
Last Edit: 1 month ago by schrauber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds
Scroll To Top