Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hey! I've got a question.

Hey! I've got a question. 3 weeks, 5 days ago #220488

• parkourslaf
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Hey, I have a problem someone will tell me how to replace a black background with a photo or video.
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 5 days ago by parkourslaf.

Re: Hey! I've got a question. 3 weeks, 5 days ago #220493

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Welcome to the forum.

Please use a title that indicates the subject of your thread, rather than a meaningless one.

You need to put the background into V2 track. You can create a new track with the timeline menu > tracks. Select either video or multi,

Re: Hey! I've got a question. 3 weeks, 5 days ago #220511

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Hey, if this won't work, because you have no idea about effects, I have an answer.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 5 days ago by hugly.

Re: Hey! I've got a question. 3 weeks, 4 days ago #220543

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 weeks, 4 days ago
That description isn't very helpful to understand your problem. If you mean that you want to replace a black section of your timeline with a new image, you simply edit the new image into the timeline. If you mean that you want to replace the black sections of an image already in your timeline with another image, then do as briandrys suggests, and add a lumakey effect to remove the black.

If the lumakey isn't clean enough you could try either Easy overlay or Key out black. Both effects are similar in result: the first is better with subtle transparency issues, the latter is simpler to use but will cut the black harder.

If you haven't used custom effects before you will find installation instructions in CUSTOM EFFECTS INSTALLATION
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top