Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: effects creep with each frame

effects creep with each frame 3 weeks, 6 days ago #220411

• Lasersmatter
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Hello, I am using the free version of Lightworks 14.5.0.0. If I use any effect that involves cropping, scaling, or positioning of a video or image those settings will not hold constant over the length of the effect. As I advance each frame the effect starts to "creep" back to the original import, forcing me to set the effect for each individual frame.

This is annoying and time consuming. Hopefully, I'm just missing something simple but I can't find a solution to this through searching the internet or forum.

Many thanks.

Re: effects creep with each frame 3 weeks, 6 days ago #220412

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Welcome to the forum

The current release is V2020.1, which a number of new features and fixes.

Are you referring to keyframes creeping?

Re: effects creep with each frame 3 weeks, 6 days ago #220413

• Lasersmatter
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Yes, that's where I've been noticing it. In either a keyframe or greenscreen effect.

Re: effects creep with each frame 3 weeks, 6 days ago #220415

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
A misunderstanding.

Keyframing is possible in most effects, where you can adjust settings with sliders.
With keyframing, you change the effect settings over the duration of the effect.
Keyframing is activated and deactivated with the small stopwatch icons next to the sliders:
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

If one of your stopwatches lights up, but you want the settings to remain constant, click on it to make it dark.

If you intentionally enabled keyframing, but you want a different timing, open the Graphs tab to see the current keyframing setting. In Lightworks 2020.1 you can probably adjust the keyframing more intuitively.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 6 days ago by schrauber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top