Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Documentation of global variables like _OutputAspectRatio...

Documentation of global variables like _OutputAspectRatio... 4 weeks ago #220342

• wberthin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 weeks ago
Hi *,

is there any document describing all defined global variables containing information which might help in HLSL/Cg programming (_Progress, _OutputWidth ...)

Re: Documentation of global variables like _OutputAspectRatio... 4 weeks ago #220344

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 weeks ago
Hello,

There's a tread about developing Lightworks effects :

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=7&id=143678&Itemid=81#ftop
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Documentation of global variables like _OutputAspectRatio... 4 weeks ago #220346

• wberthin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 weeks ago
Yes, already saw that and have read it. Are these 4 variable mentioned in that thread reflecting the complete list ?

Re: Documentation of global variables like _OutputAspectRatio... 4 weeks ago #220348

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 weeks ago
schrauber wrote:
A structured summary of many details posted in this thread,
and more code examples can be found on GitHub.

Direct link to the variables to which Lightworks automatically assigns values:
github.com/FxSchrauber/Code_for_developing_Lightworks_effects/blob/master/Basics/Variables_etc/Auto_synced/README.md

EDIT, Quote:
Basic variables:
float _Progress; // Relative position in effect progress 0 to 1. Please note some peculiarities: Details
float _OutputWidth; // The width of the current output format in pixels
float _OutputHeight; // Please note some peculiarities: Details
float _OutputAspectRatio; //The aspect-ratio of the current output format

Starting with Lightworks 14.5 is also available:
float _OutputFPS; // eg. 24.0, 25.0, 29.97, etc
float _Length; // Length of the effect in sec. Please note some peculiarities: Details
float _LengthFrames; // Length of the effect in frames. Please note some peculiarities: Details

More details in the GitHub link above.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 4 weeks ago by schrauber.

Re: Documentation of global variables like _OutputAspectRatio... 3 weeks, 6 days ago #220375

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
When did you decide to move that information off site, schrauber?
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 6 days ago by jwrl.

Re: Documentation of global variables like _OutputAspectRatio... 3 weeks, 6 days ago #220400

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
To my knowledge, I have not removed any information from a special post on the subject of the variable.
About two years ago, I had started to create a compilation of the information (first post). But this list became very long, and was very difficult to maintain.

At that time we started saving the effects on GitHub as well. Personally, I saved some of the code fragments I used for effects in a separate GitHub repository.

Since the documentation on GitHub is easier to maintain and even shared by a community, and can be better structured, I moved the summary to GitHub almost two years ago. And sent offers for access permissions to community members I knew at the time (if they were registered with GitHub).
@ jwrl: You reported a problem with your login activation back then, but you helped me in another way to fix some bugs and ambiguities in the documentation on GitHub. Thanks for that.

If there is interest, I can use GitHub again to send emails with access permissions for shared maintenance.

Actually it is just a structured code collection for quick reference. For the introduction to effects development I simply linked to your post in the forum.

Users unfamiliar with GitHub may be confused by the layout, which can distract from the actual code documentation.
However, GitHub can do this represent differently, as a kind of homepage.

Since it is a documentation for developers, I didn't bother to optimize the documentation for the homepage layout. The biggest disadvantage of the homepage layout is probably the lack of navigation to the parent documentation page. If you start with the main page, you can use the back button of your own browser.
Personally, I use the standard GitHub layout because it helps me navigate between the documentation pages.
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 6 days ago by schrauber.

Re: Documentation of global variables like _OutputAspectRatio... 3 weeks, 6 days ago #220405

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
schrauber wrote:
.. For the introduction to effects development I simply linked to your post in the forum..

@jwrl: I'm not sure if I copied your introduction as a quote some time ago in the first post.
However, a quote has the disadvantage that it does not automatically synchronize with your post when you update your post. Therefore I only linked.

If you like, you are welcome to copy the content of your post I linked directly into my first post and also maintain it there.

Alternatively, as a moderator, maybe you can create a new first post with this introductory information?
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 6 days ago by schrauber.

Re: Documentation of global variables like _OutputAspectRatio... 3 weeks, 6 days ago #220407

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
I'll see what's possible. I'm not particularly concerned, I just hadn't looked at the first post recently and was a little surprised.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds
Scroll To Top