Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Animated title templates for Lwks where to get them

Animated title templates for Lwks where to get them 1 week, 2 days ago #218747

• dbgat6
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Where can I download/buy them? And does the ones for DaVinci Resolve work in Lwks? I want transparent (alpha channel) ones that I can customize with my own text. Boris FX seems too steep...

Re: Animated title templates for Lwks where to get them 1 week, 2 days ago #218748

• dbgat6
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago

Re: Animated title templates for Lwks where to get them 1 week, 2 days ago #218751

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Just to show that some text animations are possible with free Lightworks effects:
This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I have no experience with Fusion.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by schrauber.

Re: Animated title templates for Lwks where to get them 1 week, 2 days ago #218753

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Hello,

The Fusion titles for Resolve you've linked to will not work with Lightworks. I'm not sure if they will work with the stand alone version of Fusion 9, which is available for free and can be accessed via the Fusion plugin of Lightworks.

There are no animated title templates for Lightworks, at least I've never seen any, beside of the user effects.

However, now that you've purchased Lightworks recently, you have build-in tools for simple title animations, a bunch of user effect, and with Graffiti a professional titling tool with a lot of presets. Why not starting with what you have?

Can you give an idea what you want to create by posting (or linking to) some samples?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Animated title templates for Lwks where to get them 1 week, 2 days ago #218763

• dbgat6
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
I just want a simple clean intro that is animated because that looks more professional. Ok I will play around with Boris and see what I can make.

Re: Animated title templates for Lwks where to get them 1 week, 2 days ago #218775

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Look through the user effects. There are 42 that are appropriate for use with titles there. Schrauber showed a swirl mix effect, but you really should check them out. You will find them in the Custom and User Effects library.

There are two kinds of effects in that group that are appropriate for use with titles. They are alpha effects and delta effects. Delta effects are the easiest to use, because you use them in the same way as you would a dissolve. However depending on the difference between the background and the title they may not work as cleanly as you would wish. If that's the case, you can then use the alpha effects. That's what they're for.

Instructions for using delta effects are here, and for using the slightly more complex alpha effects are here. Just to whet your appetite, here is an example of the Transmogrify effect in operation, and an example of the Sinusoidal mix.
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by jwrl.

Re: Animated title templates for Lwks where to get them 1 week, 1 day ago #218793

• dbgat6
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Isn't there a way to pick the exact color code for a title in Boris FX?

Re: Animated title templates for Lwks where to get them 1 week, 1 day ago #218796

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
There's a color picker and you can key-in decimal RGB values, but not hex codes, as far as I'm aware of.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Hexadecimal Decimal Color Converter

Why not giving jwrl's suggestion a try? I don't intend to stop you from learning Boris FX and Graffiti, but as a starting point, the build-in effects and the Lightworks user effects are much easier to use.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 1 day ago by hugly.

Re: Animated title templates for Lwks where to get them 1 week, 1 day ago #218799

• dbgat6
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Yes I will give it a try. Thanks for your answer.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
Scroll To Top