Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Text

Text 5 months ago #216291

• krash71
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months ago
Sorry guys, I have googled this, but can't find an answer. How do I set the duration of text/titles? I want to have a series of text entries that fade in and out during a single scene. Also text that is sustained over more than one scene. Thanks

Re: Text 5 months ago #216297

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 months ago
Welcome to the forum.

You can use mark and park to set the time of the text. Once it's in a FX track, you can use trim to further adjust the timing.

You will find fade in and out in the effects tab in the text effect panel.

More on mark and park: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=27&id=110089&Itemid=81

Re: Text 5 months ago #216300

• krash71
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months ago
Thanks for your help! I checked out the clip and it looks like it's from 2011 and the interface is quite alot different from what I've got on screen. I'm just randonly hitting buttons here and getting really frustrated, is there a duffers guide to this subject please?

Re: Text 5 months ago #216302

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months ago
In general, on a timeline, the length of a segment determines its duration. That applies also to effects.

Maybe of some help: The official V14.5 Quick Start Guide give an idea about the basic operations and, it explains what a marked section is and how to apply text to a marked section.

It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Text 5 months ago #216303

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 months ago
Just follow the mark and park procedures, they haven't changed. You can use an "i" on your keyboard or the the icon below the sequence viewer (on the right) to set the in point. You can see these illustrated in the thread.

The quick start video also explains using mark and park.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top