Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: FX track and videos not displaying properly

FX track and videos not displaying properly 5 months, 1 week ago #215815

• FCurtis
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
I am super new to Lightworks and video editing in general. I have the free version installed and created a video with 5 people singing the same song, ie, used 5 videos with 5 sound tracks. I was able to edit and add effects (mainly flip, flop and place videos in different positions on screen) that was yesterday. Today, when I am selecting a video to flip, flop and position, a FX track appears and I don't know what to do with it. It was not there yesterday in any of the videos I was editing. Basically, I need to create another video,this time with 3 people singing. So, will have 3 videos with sound in the same sequence. I tried selecting separate videos and the FX track appears every time I add an effect. When select all and try to play it is all wrong.
Could anyone point me in the right direction? It is likely I will need to create these videos regularly during the lockdown.
This might be very simple, but as I said, super new to this.
Thank you.

Re: FX track and videos not displaying properly 5 months, 1 week ago #215817

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
Welcome to the forum.

A FX track will appear if you mark and park the length of the effect. Effects can be folded, so that you don't have a separate EX track. You'll see a small box in the video track.

You can unfold the effects, so that you have separate FX tracks.

You can do this by opening the timeline menu on the segment with the effect and selecting either fold or unfold.

Re: FX track and videos not displaying properly 5 months, 1 week ago #215820

• FCurtis
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
Thank you for the quick reply. I didn't mark and park the length of the effect as it was for the entire video...

I will have a play around the folding/unfolding effects to see if that will do.

It was a bit frustrating because I wasn't sure I was doing something different than yesterday. I was so proud of what I was able to come up with that I even considered paying for the software. Today, could not get anywhere.

Thanks again for your help.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top