Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Effects and Passthrough Routing Problem, Video Clip not Visible

Effects and Passthrough Routing Problem, Video Clip not Visible 5 months, 3 weeks ago #214824

• Danielle0
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Hello folks!

I'm trying to create a sequence which includes several text 'Titles' and several 'Key Images' as backgrounds under the text. I'm fairly new to Lightworks, but I use a lot of 3d programs professionally. After creating a few of these effects and moving them around, trying to get the sequence and display order correct, my routing appears to have an error that keeps my clip from being displayed (black with text effects still visible).

I'm unable to reconnect the nodes (specifically passthrough nodes) and restore clip visibility, as shown in my attachment.

Does anyone know what's up, and how I might smooth out my routing to restore the video clip under my text and images?
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Effects and Passthrough Routing Problem, Video Clip not Visible 5 months, 3 weeks ago #214825

• Danielle0
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Oh - I've just found a workaround. I was able to reorder some of my effects and connect them directly in a way that displays my clip and all the text and images. The blend node still throws me for a bit of a loop but I'm starting to understand a little more about the routing system.

Attached, an image of my workaround in case it helps anyone with a similar problem.

I'm still interested to know why I'm unable to connect passthrough nodes, if anyone has the answer to that.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Effects and Passthrough Routing Problem, Video Clip not Visible 5 months, 3 weeks ago #214826

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Welcome to the forum,

Danielle0 wrote:
I'm still interested to know why I'm unable to connect passthrough nodes, if anyone has the answer to that.

Because you are using the current version 14.5.

In the future version 2020.1 (currently still in the beta phase, but shortly before the release) you can.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 5 months, 3 weeks ago by schrauber.

Re: Effects and Passthrough Routing Problem, Video Clip not Visible 5 months, 3 weeks ago #214834

• Danielle0
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
That's awesome news, thanks!

Re: Effects and Passthrough Routing Problem, Video Clip not Visible 5 months, 3 weeks ago #214840

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
It doesn't really matter usually. Most times you can do exactly as you have done in your second post and achieve the same result.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
Scroll To Top