Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lower 3rds BluffTitler - how get transparent background?

Lower 3rds BluffTitler - how get transparent background? 1 month ago #213613

• dbgat6
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 month ago
I'm not a licensed BT-user so I couldn't register on their forum/community. I bought the BixPack 31 Lower Thirds to BluffTitler after a forumist here recommended me BT. It seems like an easy program and I managed to change the text as I want and save it to my computer. But the picture is still there... How can I make the background transparent or delete the picture and only have the lower third with my customized text?

Re: Lower 3rds BluffTitler - how get transparent background? 1 month ago #213617

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
eg. 444=RGB 4444=RGB+Alpha (using ProRes 4444)
more formats are coming in - in newer lwks versions ...
greets
s.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by lghtwrks.

Re: Lower 3rds BluffTitler - how get transparent background? 1 month ago #213621

• dbgat6
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Can you explain for a beginner?

Re: Lower 3rds BluffTitler - how get transparent background? 1 month ago #213622

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
BluffTitler is a commercial product. I'm surprised that you cannot get help on their website, because the point of a trial version I would have thought is that you can try the software. If they don't provide enough information to allow you to do that it all seems a little pointless.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by jwrl.

side note ... feel free to rearange or delete ... 1 month ago #213624

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago

BluffTitler 1 month ago #213631

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Recently khaver suggested BluffTitler as alternative to Blender for creating animated titles and intros/outros based on royalty free templates. Lghtwrks posted a link which suggest that many programs have trouble reading the alpha channel from formats exported with BluffTitler.

Out of curiosity, I just installed a copy to see how it works. In fact, Lightworks is able to read the default RGBA format created with BluffTitler.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

You may wish deleting some background layers in order to use a video layer in Lightworks as background. To do that you have to activate the layer and delete it either from the menu 'Layer.Delete active layer' or the symbol shown below.

To make transparency visible over baclground in Lightworks, add a track to insert the overlay and use a Blend or a DVE effect to connect the overlay with the background.

Don't get me wrong, I don't suggest BluffTitler as titling tool, because I have no experience with the software. However, from a first glance, it seems to be not so hard to handle and if one finds the available templates attractive, it's useable with Lighworks.

Edit: Just found a non-destructive way to hide layers or groups of layers, called 'Container':
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.

Re: BluffTitler 1 month ago #213643

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
After I merged the above two posts I hadn't realised that I had left the thread locked. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by jwrl.

Re: Lower 3rds BluffTitler - how get transparent background? 1 month ago #213645

• dbgat6
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Thanks for the answers. I managed to get the picture gone by making layer 4: Picture not visible = I got a black screen which is better even do I want that also to go away. However there still is the text "Demo" for me that I cant get away. Strange because I bought this pack... and downloaded the software as normal... Also I can only choose Uncompressed AVI - there is not the option "... with transparency". Maybe because I have the free version? I also looked at the link www.outerspace-software.com/export and on point 4 they say: "A lossless AVI codec that supports transparency is Lagarith". So I need to download lags.leetcode.net/codec.html? I'm a beginner so that's why I have so many "easy" questions. I really thought it wouldn't be this hard to just get an animated lower third in Lightworks...

Re: Lower 3rds BluffTitler - how get transparent background? 1 month ago #213646

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
The word "Demo" is what is known as a watermark. It is often put on software that has a demonstration/assessment version. You will be unable to remove it unless you buy the software.

What pack did you buy? If it included a licence for BluffTitler you will need to log on to their site and register it.

Re: Lower 3rds BluffTitler - how get transparent background? 1 month ago #213647

• dbgat6
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 month ago
The pack didn't include the license. Okey thanks I will buy the software; it only costs 30 Euro. Then I just need to get rid of the black background also...

Re: Lower 3rds BluffTitler - how get transparent background? 1 month ago #213648

• dbgat6
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Now it works! I bought the Easy version. Then did as you said and in Lightworks I used Blend! Thanks a lot to you guys on this forum.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds
Scroll To Top