Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rotate dve?

Rotate dve? 1 month, 1 week ago #211061

I was wondering if it is possible to rotate the dve effect using the 3d dve... if so, how would I route that? Take a look at the attached file for reference. I am trying to align the dve with the ruler without rotating V1... is this possible? It's a mind bender for me . Also, if this helps, I will try and attach a video file of what I am trying to do...

If what I am trying to accomplish can't happen, that would be a cool effect... Idk if I will try to learn the lightworks coding for add on effects.The effect could be like dve, except you could add points to adjust on the circled line in the attached picture, so If I wanted to use, for instance, my hand instead of a ruler, I could adjust the line to fit the shape of my hand or ruler(and include keyframes). Thanks.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Rotate dve? 1 month, 1 week ago #211063

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
The routing that you show is confusing. As it stands, V1 would be rotated over V2 in the 3D DVE, then that composite would be fed to the foreground of the 2D DVE.

I would suggest that you would be better off using one of khaver's Polymask tools to do your masking first. Once you have that working the way that you want, then apply the 3D DVE. If you need the 3D DVE to rotate the image first to make it match the background plate, the order of application should be reversed.

However that is probably more complex than you need. If you need the rotation for matching you can do that as well as crop in the 3D DVE. All of that is available in that one effect. The only thing that you should be aware of is that scaling in that effect is done by adjusting the Z-axis position.

And finally, if all that you really need is a simple crop, try Gr00by's Simple crop. It's an absolute breeze to use - you just drag the crop boundaries on screen with your mouse.

If you haven't installed any custom effects yet you will find instructions here.

Re: Rotate dve? 1 month, 1 week ago #211071

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
First step might be to temporarily adjust the opacity of the DVE combing both images - allow to see both simultaneously - then do what is necessary to fix, as best possible, the positioning of the long object so they both match. Please see the attached 2 page.pdf.

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Given the positional and rotational differences of the object between the two images - perhaps a re-shoot might be quicker. Use hidden reference points/ marks and taped down wedges/stops to line-up the object accurately.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Rotate dve? 1 month, 1 week ago #211077

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
I think the OP just wants to angle the wipe so the seam aligns with the ruler as it moves across. Is there a wipe tool that lets you set the angle of the wipe? I thought I remembered seeing one, although I may be mistaken.

Got-cardboard, just use one of the Polymask user effects and keyframe the top and bottom vertices to move across the frame in-sync with the ruler.
Work Comp: Retired!
Home Comp: Newer! Bigger! Faster!
Send me a tip: paypal.me/4khaver

Re: Rotate dve? 1 month, 1 week ago #211079

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
khaver wrote:
Got-cardboard, just use one of the Polymask user effects and keyframe the top and bottom vertices to move across the frame in-sync with the ruler.

That's really what I would do and have done frequently in the past. A Polymask in the 4 - 6 range depending on the irregularity of the shape that you have to match would be my first choice.

Re: Rotate dve? 1 month, 1 week ago #211094

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Got cardboard? wrote:
.. if I will try to learn the lightworks coding for add on effects.The effect could be like ..

OT: There are many ways to program effects, as you can see in the example of khaver's Polymask effects. If you want to learn how to program effects, I would start with simpler effects. But that depends on your previous knowledge as well.
Here is the effect programming thread you started: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=7&id=209512&Itemid=81
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 14.6 Beta & 14.5; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by schrauber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.75 seconds
Scroll To Top