Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to make effect settings pop up in new window?

How to make effect settings pop up in new window? 3 months, 2 weeks ago #207258

• Tam_Troll
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
I'm sure the awnser is out there somewhere, but i can't seem to find it.

anyways, how can i make selected effects have their settings pop up into a new window rather then appear in the same window i selected them from? Right now, the two are one in the same, which i can't say i'm a fan of.

What i'm looking for is to have the Effects selection box be here:
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
and then have the settings for the selected effects pop up here, ideally with the selection box still where it was:
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

as it is, selecting an effect just turns the selection box into the settings box, which i'm not a fan of.

Can't figure out how to get it going like that again. i forgot to transfer my Lightworks settings from my old computer to my new one >_>
Last Edit: 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Tam_Troll.

Re: How to make effect settings pop up in new window? 3 months, 2 weeks ago #207260

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
I see you're in a flexible layout. I don't know if that helps you, but there are two different effect panels in this layout.
The other panel is called "Video Routing", and can be opened with the keyboard shortcut. There you can add effects by dragging them into the routing, and make the connections manually (not automatically routed).
You could then place the settings panel you know in a different position. You can also quickly open both panels and tabs using keyboard shortcuts, etc.

Alternatively, you could set up two different rooms. One room for adding effects, and maybe other timeline editing, and another room for effect settings.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 14.6 Beta & 14.5; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: How to make effect settings pop up in new window? 3 months, 2 weeks ago #207261

• Tam_Troll
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Not exactly what i'm looking for no. must have been a feature that was removed in newer versions, which i only recently got. bummer.

ahwell, i'll have to just get used to it i guess.

Re: How to make effect settings pop up in new window? 3 months, 2 weeks ago #207262

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
I can remember that V12 was somehow different, but with V14.0 and later, effect settings and effect selection are two tabs of the same Window. In Flexible layout you can open one window per sequence, but not two for the same sequence with different tabs opened.

What you can do is using the window 'Video routing' (by default F7) as effect selection and the window 'Effects' (by default F6) as effect settings, side by side. You can position both freely.

However, the 'Effects' window does remember its last position when reopening, whereas the 'Video routing' window does not.

Edit: I missed schrauber's post while typing, sorry for posting some duplicate information.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: How to make effect settings pop up in new window? 3 months, 2 weeks ago #207264

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
I don't know if there are hidden config.dat codes?
Not all are documented.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 14.6 Beta & 14.5; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: How to make effect settings pop up in new window? 3 months, 2 weeks ago #207266

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
schrauber wrote:
I don't know if there are hidden config.dat codes?
Not all are documented.

I'm not aware of any undocumented parameter related to this.

On the other hand, the current design allows switching between effect selection, settings, graphs, and routing with just one click on the same Window. That saves space on the desktop compared with two windows.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Scroll To Top