Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reversing Then Slowing Down Clip?

Reversing Then Slowing Down Clip? 2 weeks, 2 days ago #207246

• DSWaugh
  • Edu User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Okay, ran into an interesting challenge with a recent edit. I have a clip that I shot, and I'd like to do the following to it (in this order):

1) Reverse the clip to make it run backwards, then...
2) Subsequently slow this reversed clip down to 25% speed

I found pretty quickly that one can perform only one "speed" related change to a given clip in a project. Hence, after I register -100 in the SPEED dialogue to make the clip play in reverse, I can't subsequently slow this newly reversed clip down to 25% speed. LWKS won't allow me to do this.

...So, I tried opening the clip in a new project, reversing it, and then exporting the reversed clip to the desktop at the same resolution and speed. Then I imported the new clip from the desktop to the actual project I'm working on and slowed it down to 25% speed. The end result: a choppy, unusable piece of footage.

Just wondering if anyone might know of a quick and easy way around LWKS current limitations with the SPEED dialogue. Is it even possible to reverse a clip and then slow it down to 25%?

Re: Reversing Then Slowing Down Clip? 2 weeks, 2 days ago #207247

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Hi,

Simply enter negative values manually , e.g. -25% plays reverse at 25%.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Reversing Then Slowing Down Clip? 2 weeks, 1 day ago #207257

• DSWaugh
  • Edu User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Huh. So simple. Laughable that I spent a good 45 minutes experimenting with this when the answer was staring me right in the face. Thanks again, hugly. You're a life-saver.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top