Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Flipping pages effect - first atttempt

Flipping pages effect - first atttempt 1 week ago #205960

• hicnar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week ago
Hi,

I am playing with something I could call "flipping pages" clip and have a few questions.

I used the Page Roll effect as described here

So first of all, please have a look at the video showing the way I attacked the problem and let me know if there is a better way to achieve the same kind of effect.

Now, when the page turns, I want the next page from the book I scanned to be used as the background for the Page Roll effect. So if you look at the video I recorded, initially there is black background under the page being rolled, but when I connect the vid2 input of the Page Roll block with the page02 block output, the page02 block changes its appearance and begins to look like page01. It works as expected, but the routing diagram looks a bit confusing.

Secondly, is there an easy way to copy the whole block structure (I mean the routing graph) and replace the page01 and page02 with page02 and page03 so that I do not need to painstakingly build the whole graph from scratch to show going to the next page?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Krzysztof
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 1 week ago by hicnar.

Re: Flipping pages effect - first atttempt 6 days, 14 hours ago #205980

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 days, 14 hours ago
Hello,

You can use the Page Roll effect as inline transition and, as with any effect, you can save and use a template with customized settings. You would need only two video tracks and there is no need to touch the routing, if you know how. Explaining possible workflows in detail would create a quite long text. I made a little screen recording which shows one way, starting with a few already trimmed video clips on V1.

Hope that helps.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 6 days, 14 hours ago by hugly.

Re: Flipping pages effect - first atttempt 6 days, 13 hours ago #205982

• hicnar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 days, 13 hours ago
Thanks a lot!

That's gonna be my food for thought for tonight!

K.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top